*Cravings:
I have craved lots of things, but these are the few that have been consistent and urgent....
- Syrup
- Fry sauce (generally with fries).
- Brownies (with ice cream or without)
- Mexican food
Jaxen might be having sympathy cravings. He wants pickles and waffles for breakfast lately.
*I was sick the longest with this pregnancy. The last time I threw up I was 18 weeks. I thought I was going to die (I didn't). My doctor put me on Zofran to help with the nausea because I had lost almost 10 pounds. If I ever get pregnant again, I might just request Zofran from the beginning. . . .
*I have a different feeling about this baby because she is a girl. Not better or worse, just different. I don't know how to have a girl. Tights and bows overwhelm me. Boys do not require accessories.
* I am really grateful to be pregnant. I want this baby. I have wanted all my babies (even the surprises). I try really hard not to take motherhood for granted. I'm really blessed to be a mom.
That doesn't mean being pregnant, or being a mom is easy. It's not.
*I have carried this baby very low (which is how I also carried Tyler). Little old ladies in the grocery store, like to stop me and very knowingly say that they can tell I am having a boy because of how low my belly is. I used to try and tell them it was a girl, but I quickly found it was easier to just agree.
* We will be the first in among Tim's brothers to have more than two kids. Tim is the youngest of five boys, so there's a chance we could be the only ones to have more than two. Most of them claim they are done having kids.
*I think my boys will miss my pregnant belly. It has many uses. It's really fun to drive cars on during church, it's a good surface for battles between action figures, and Jaxen likes to sit on my lap and lay his head on it when he is tired. Oh and of course they like to watch it move.
*We are planning on naming the baby Madelinn Louise. That way she is named after both of her Grandma's (my mom's name is Linn and Tim's Mom's middle name is Louise). We will probably call her Madee (or Manny as Jaxen calls her). Or maybe even Madee Lou.
*My wedding ring doesn't fit and I have grown an extremely attractive pair of cankles.
*This baby wakes up every morning with the boys. Usually about the time Tyler wanders into my room and starts talking, she starts wiggling around. This gives me hope, that maybe she will sleep during the night....
* I am rather uncomfortable and big, yet I don't have the same urgent "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!" feelings I had around this point of my other pregnancies. I don't know why this is. I am fairly content to let her come when she comes... .the only thing I hate is being a ticking time bomb. Not knowing when is what bothers me. I hate trying to be prepared for an event that could occur at any time. I'm afraid to get behind on the laundry and dishes. It seems silly to bring my "hospital bag" with me every time I go into Salt Lake, but what if I go into labor? Then someone would have to go and fetch it.... you see the dilemma?
* I can't go anywhere without someone making reference to basketballs or watermelons. People are so clever...
* I wonder a lot what this baby will look like. My boys are just duplicates of the husband (which is totally fine with me... it wasn't just his charming personality that captured my attention). I wonder if she will look like her brothers, If she will have red hair...
*I have been much more emotional this pregnancy. I am not normally a cryer. This may also have to do with how hectic this year has been. I also get what we like to call "pregnancy rage", but I got that during all three pregnancies. It's a good time.
13 Weeks
I kind of forgot about our trip to California until I was looking for an earlier pregnancy picture.
25 Weeks
29 Weeks (or something like that)
This was right before going to dinner with some other knocked up friends.
Around 34 weeks
35 weeks (I think)
Don't mind the cell phone quality picture.. but doesn't he look comfortable?
36 Weeks
This is me and Tim's brother, Dave, on the 4th of July.
My belly is full of baby... his is full of kidney transplants.
My belly is full of baby... his is full of kidney transplants.
39 Weeks
2 Days until my due date....
When do YOU think I will have her?
If somebody guesses right on, maybe I will give them a prize....
2 Days until my due date....
When do YOU think I will have her?
If somebody guesses right on, maybe I will give them a prize....












9 comments:
Sunday the 31st is my guess. And seeing your pregnant belly makes me really miss being pregnant. Except for the pregnancy rage- Although I firmly believe in postpartum rage too...
Oh- and you are simply adorable pregnant :)
If you're feeling anything like I am, I hope she comes really soon!
I think you'll have her tonight. I have recently learned a bit about pregnancy rage. I'm so much more irritable the past couple weeks. Adam is probably looking forward to having a more pleasant wife. Good luck, miss! I hope Madee pants comes real soon. If you need anything, let me know.
I love the pics. of your silouhette in front of the blinds. So cute. It's great how you document all the details of your pregnancy. I could learn a thing or two from you. I totally regret not having written much down. I predict Monday Aug. 1. (only because you said you've gotten a few days late with the others). I really hope you go sooner! Good luck! I can't wait to see her!
oops! "gone a few days late".
You're so cute pregnant. And I like that you'll actually miss things about being pregnant...reminds me to be grateful because all I feel is an urgent need to get this baby out! And I am currently the same as you. All I do is clean and cart around my overnight bag because I'm so worried the baby will come and I won't be prepared.
my goodness, i love your posts... thanks for giving me a name for those horrid angry flashes "pregnancy rage" I was so worried abt having a girl with Mere I cried, but it's really quite fun and accessories are not necessary :) but they can be fun, I'll be honest, i don't even comb mere's hair everyday, but every kid just seems to have sucha different personality, boy or girl, but seeing your other kids I know she'll be adorabel!!! So excited for you!
I love this post...so much I wish I would have done something like it. I love your open, honest feelings...and your sense of humor!
Be sure to post when you have that sweet baby of yours. :)
Post a Comment