Friday, October 11, 2013

I Think My Kids Are Funny



"When people say long prayers during church, it is rude. It makes me homesick" -Jaxen Morgan


Jaxen brought a broken soap dispenser to my Dad and said, "This is broken, but Joncho's Dad is going to fix it".
Yes.... Joncho is still a part of our lives.


During General Conference, I told Jaxen that president Uchtdorf was from Germany. Jaxen laughed and said, "Like a pancake!"


Also during General Conference, I told Jaxen that the speaker's name was Perry. Jaxen said, "Like the platypus!"


Tim was rocking Madee to sleep. She likes to be sung to at night, so he started singing to her. She just looked at him and without saying anything put her fingers in her ears. He was offended.


Erick and Jaxen were playing trains at my parent's house. Erick bumped into Jax.
Erick: Oh sorry, Evan. I mean Jaxen.
Jaxen: That's okay. You can just call me Scott.


Tyler scored a goal at his soccer game. He ran over to us afterwards (to bask in his goal making glory) and Jaxen exclaimed, "Good job Tyler! You scored a girl!"


Jaxen was talking on a play phone to Joncho. He covered the mouth piece and said to me, "Did you know we're figuring out a way to go back to high school?"


On Father's Day my grandma was calling to Jax and saying, "Erick, Erick come here and give me a hug..." Jax looked really confused but eventually realized she was talking to him, because Erick was nowhere around. He went over and gave her a hug and she continued talking to him, calling him Erick (the poor dear is a bit confused these days). He kept trying to explain that he was Jaxen, but she wasn't listening, and continued calling him Erick. Eventually, he just sighed and said, "Close enough".


Jaxen came in the room wearing a monster mask.
Tyler: Look a scary monster! (Sarcastically... he's becoming very sarcastic, that one)
Jaxen: I'm not a monster. I'm just a guy in a mask.


Tim: You're pretty Madee.
Madee: You're pretty Daddy.
Tim (laughing): Oh Madee...
Madee: Oh Daddy...


Jaxen: What's the opposite of needles?
Me: I don't know? I don't think it has an opposite.
Jaxen: It's Noodles! Needles, Noodles... Get it?


I asked Ty what he thought of the homemade pizza I had made for dinner.
He said, "I liked it... except for the taste. It just didn't taste very good.".


Jaxen and I were walking home from his preschool one afternoon when he asked me,
"Can I ride my imaginary scooter?"
I said, "Sure".
Jax said, "Oh good! I didn't want to have to walk. I didn't want my legs to get tired".
He then proceeded to hold out his hands on imaginary scooter handle bars and run home.


I am incapable of parallel parking. This is a fact my children became aware of  when I made an attempt while meeting my friend Joni at a park in Salt Lake.
A couple of weeks later I parked on a curb when we were going to our school's back to school carnival. While i was getting kids out of the car, a car came and parked in front of me and another car came and parked behind us. Ty laughed and said, "Look mom! Those cars made it look like you can parallel park!".


Jaxen came into our bedroom after getting a drink out of the bathroom sink and said,
"I just tried cold hot cocoa"
Tim said, "Oh yeah? Was it good?"
Jaxen responded, "Actually.... it tasted like beaver hair".


I pulled in the garage after dropping both boys off at school. I opened the automatic van doors and Madee said, "Oh, bye friend! My friend had to go now".
Creepy.

I called for Madee and she came in angrily yelling,
"I'm not Madee! I'm Madee-Girl-Princess!!"


1 comments:

Unknown said...

This post made my whole day.