Monday, March 12, 2012

Joncho

For nearly a year, we have been hearing about Jaxen's friend Joncho.
We can't see Joncho, but he's there.
He eats dinner with us, goes in the car with us, and joins us randomly throughout our day.
Jaxen informs us when he's there, and if he needs anything.
For the most part, having Joncho around has been entertaining.
But sometimes it's downright creepy.
Like when Jax says things like:
"Joncho's watching you Mom"
"Careful, you almost sat on Joncho!"
"We left Joncho outside!!" (panicked)
And many other things that make Joncho seem like more than just an imaginary friend.
We don't know a whole lot about Joncho, but this is what I do know from talking to Jax:
His hair is blue.
He likes chocolate donuts.
He has a Mom.
He likes toast and waffles.
He's small.
I can't remember when he first started playing with this invisible being, but it's gone on far longer than I had thought it would. I'm not sure if I should be worried, but I'm not. At least not yet.

Jaxen and Joncho


Let's be honest, 
when (if) Joncho stops coming around, 
I think I would miss watching Jaxen play with his imaginary friend.
At least a little bit.

5 comments:

Nicole S. said...

I had an imaginary friend growing up. I've heard that it is good for kids to have them...not sure if that is true? But, I think I turned out just fine. :)

Crista Timothy said...

One of the funniest things I have read in a while! What an imagination!

Jessi Fogg said...

Evan just started talking about someone named Jason today. I guess he is a kid who doesn't have a bed so he sleeps in our backyard on the grass. Super creepy.

Michelle Stocking said...

Have you read the book Pingo? The author is LDS (the guy who writes Fablehaven) and it is super cute. Jaxen reminded me of the book. Happy reading :0

marcie said...

I think that this shows that you are a terrific mom!! I love that you are willing to "take pictures" of Joncho and put them up.