Thursday, May 16, 2013

St. George Vacation


In April, we took a spontaneous, quick trip St. George. We had talked about it earlier in the year, but we were hesitant to make any concrete plans because I was so pregnant. But when Tim had a break between semesters we decided to go for it. We weren't sure it would all work out because Tyler and Jaxen and Tyler had had the stomach flu the week before. But nobody came down with it the week previous so we figured we were good to go.
 photo IMG_7583_zps5a6f40fe.jpg
One of my kids favorite parts about going anywhere is staying in a hotel.
 My kids love swimming. So as soon as we checked in that was the first thing we did.
We swam just about every day we were there.
 photo IMG_7584_zpsfec13b7e.jpg
This is right when I was saying, "Tim hold onto her. She's going to fall over..."

 photo IMG_7585_zpsea4c16a5.jpg
And this is right after she fell and went under water.
 photo IMG_7586_zpsab4db7a8.jpg

 photo IMG_7587_zps5e066aaf.jpg
She didn't appreciate falling into the water.
 photo IMG_7590_zpsa8adfe54.jpg

 photo IMG_7593_zps3165edc9.jpg

 photo IMG_7594_zps32872415.jpg

 photo IMG_7597_zps8400cf43.jpg

 photo IMG_7600_zps2568eb61.jpg

 photo IMG_7607_zps26636133.jpg


 photo IMG_7609_zpsa034122d.jpg
He's the coolest.

 photo IMG_7610_zpsfe031d87.jpg

 photo IMG_7615_zpsda42426e.jpg



My kids are huge fans of luggage carts.

Seeing my kids share a bed is always humorous. They are all crazy sleepers.




We didn't have any real concrete plans for our trip.
We spent most of our afternoons just having lunch at different parks.



We spent a day at The Fiesta Fun Center.


After getting off the Go Karts, Tyler said, "I felt like I was going to throw up, but it was really fun!".
I really love a good photo booth. The one of Madee and I reminds me of this one of Kati and my Dad.

 photo IMG_7619_zps1e2006c3.jpg
I think the highlight of the trip for all of us was the day we spent at Zions National Park.

 photo IMG_7625_zpsbe02afc3.jpg
None of us had ever been there, so we debated whether to go or not.
We didn't know how it would be with a pregnant lady and three small children, but we were really glad we decided to go.
 photo IMG_7628_2_zps1ae78a24.jpg

 photo IMG_7630_zps4ddf162e.jpg
We took a small hike up to the Emerald Falls.
 photo IMG_7631_zps1656c150.jpg

 photo IMG_7632_zps5871360e.jpg

 photo IMG_7637_zps14de8ad8.jpg


 photo IMG_7640_zps62726c5c.jpg

 photo IMG_7641_zps543ea4a8.jpg

 photo IMG_7643_zps6eb78a26.jpg

 photo IMG_7644_zps9a274be5.jpg

 photo IMG_7645_zps01b9ddba.jpg
My boys are mountain goats.
 photo IMG_7646_zpsabb97c03.jpg

 photo IMG_7647_zpsd0e3643c.jpg

 photo IMG_7650copy_zpsab2dab63.jpg

 photo IMG_7651_zpsc4d693ef.jpg

 photo IMG_7654_zps0d29e939.jpg

 photo IMG_7656_zps0f154287.jpg

 photo IMG_7662_zps4f668d41.jpg

 photo IMG_7663_zps397d53db.jpg

 photo IMG_7668_zpsd497ba92.jpg

 photo IMG_7673copy_zpsab4b43a5.jpg
People kept giving us very worried looks and making comments about my pregnant belly.
It really wasn't a hard/long hike. We even took Madee in a stroller. 
But people kept telling us we were brave and to be careful.

 photo IMG_7677_zps3921195a.jpg

 photo IMG_7678_zps813e9bcf.jpg
We saw a couple of deer on our way back. 
People were all gathered around and taking pictures and talking in hushed tones.
But when we walked up and Madee saw the deer, 
She kept yelling, "I see it! I see the deer!".
She scared it away.

 photo IMG_7689_zpsb62896d9.jpg

 photo IMG_7690_zps89fc6733.jpg
On our way home from Zions, we stopped and let the kids pick out a souvineir ... a rock!

Remember how I said the boys had had the stomach flu the week before?
Well after Zions we stopped at a little restaurant (for pancakes) on our way back to the hotel.
Jaxen had been complaining of a stomach ache so I was getting a little worried.
I figured it was just from too much sunblock (he is allergic) and the car ride, but I was keeping a close eye on him because he wasn't really eating. Well my focus was on Jax and Madee and Tim had been playing and laughing when all of the sudden (after she'd eaten her meal) Madee started vomiting.
I was a quick like a pregnant ninja and ripped her out of her high chair and out of the restaurant before it got everywhere (except for on her and I). 
I sat in the parking lot with Madee trying to comfort her and clean her up while Tim paid the bill and cleaned up inside.
I was hoping she just choked or ate something bad but as the evening progressed and Madee continued throwing up every 15 minutes or so, it was clear she had the boys flu bug.

She was such a trooper and it was a really, really long night.
But by morning she felt much better and we made our way home.
 photo IMG_7703_zps40fc9747.jpg
We stopped at a park on the way home for lunch.
Our kids did amazingly well on the drive there and back.


 photo IMG_7701_zpsac1d0064.jpg

All in all, it was a really fun trip (even with the vomit), and I'm really glad we went.
Ty had to make a book for school and decided to make it about our trip.


I love this kid.


0 comments: