We went to the cabin a couple of times this fall. The first time was with Tim's brother, Rich's family. The boys spent most of the time elk hunting, while the rest of us stayed at the cabin and did a whole lot of nothing. Which was just what I needed.
Madee enjoyed her first trip to the cabin.
Tim played a couple of intense games of "go fish" with the kids.
The second trip was with my whole family. We go up every year for Swiss Days, and even though Madee was still pretty small, we decided we didn't want to miss it. Okay, maybe Tim wanted to miss it (he just doesn't love craft fairs, what can you do?), but the rest of us wanted to go and he graciously obliged... it may have something to do with the fact that he got to stay up there an extra day and go hunting again with his brothers.
The kids spent a lot of time out in the woods getting nice and dirty.
We went to Swiss Days, ate breakfast, and watched the parade.
Tyler and Hazel decided to join forces and collect parade candy together. This was their stash. It even had a frisbee for a lid.
We spent a lot of time just relaxing at the cabin.
Hazel and Tyler and Jessi's twins slept on air mattresses in one of the family rooms together. They were really excited about having a sleepover and I'm really surprised how well they did.
My Dad and my Baby.
Can you see the handmade bookmark on his lap?
Jessi made it for him when she was really little. I love that he still uses it.
Can you see the handmade bookmark on his lap?
Jessi made it for him when she was really little. I love that he still uses it.
After we got our kids to bed each night, the adults came upstairs and played games.
One of the games we played resulted in these awesome pictures.
Its a game we learned from some friends.
It might be the funniest game ever.
Maybe I'll explain how to play it another day.
Its a game we learned from some friends.
It might be the funniest game ever.
Maybe I'll explain how to play it another day.

When my Grandma passed away, I was so worried my Dad and his siblings would decide to sell the cabin.
I'm so grateful they decided to keep it and we still have a place to escape to every now and then. I have so many fun memories there and I love being able to share that with my own kids.





















1 comments:
I didnt know he still had that bookmark. :)
Post a Comment