Monday, October 24, 2011
Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them, makes an impression. -Dr. Haim Ginott
Kati wouldn't let Jaxen play with her phone. When he started to cry, Tyler said, "You broke his heart!"
I walked into the kitchen and asked Jaxen for a kiss. He obliged, and then held up his chubby little hand and said, "high five!"
"Do bubbles know where they're going?" -Tyler
"You have to give it to me, to make my sad face go away" - Tyler
While saying his prayers one morning, Tyler threw in the phrase, "One Nation under God.."
Jaxen calls his flip-flops, soup-slops.
I took a nap while Tim was playing with the boys. I woke up with Jaxen's freckled nose an inch away from my own, and he said with perfect clarity in a very sweet voice, "Mom, can you be a zombie?"
Apparently Tim had been pretending to be a zombie and "getting" them. Oh and ever since this occurred, Jaxen is kind of obsessed with zombies. Not that he has any idea what a zombie is, but he asks everyone to be a zombie.
Tyler: "Are my kids when I grow up living with Heavenly Father right now?"
Jaxen frequently walks in the room and says, "Let's talk about it..."
Tyler:" I'm going to go try and go pee"
Jaxen: "Go ahead Ty"
Me (laughing) : "Thanks Jaxen"
Jaxen: "You're welcome"
Tyler: "How old are you?"
Me: "25"
Tyler: Wow! Can you even count that high??"
I'm not sure if he was insulting my age or my intelligence....
Tim and I both noticed Jaxen had a "pooping face" one evening. When Jax noticed us watching him, he held up his little hand and said, "Just a minute".
Jaxen walked in the kitchen and opened his mouth as wide as he could in front of Tim and said:
"Look Dad"
Tim: "What"
Jaxen: "Look at my hiccups"
He then asked for a drink of water so he could "Wash his hiccups away"
Tyler's class had a woman from the sheriff's department come and talk to them about bike safety. Later he asked me if sheriff's deputy's carry guns. I told him yes and he said,
"Why don't they have light sabers?"
Posted by Carlye at 8:00 PM
Labels: Conversations with Tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love it! I love that you recorded some of the things they say. My favorite:
Tyler: "How old are you?"
Me: "25"
Tyler: Wow! Can you even count that high??"
I love this! Your boys are hilarious.
Post a Comment