My Grandma's viewings and funeral services were very nice. Much of it she planned before her death (of course). She even made one of her neighbors promise to sing "O' Divine Redeemer" at her funeral a few years ago, and threatened to haunt her if she didn't. She even put the music for the song in with the funeral paperwork. Don't worry, her neighbor was happy to oblige.


There were two tables of pictures of her and some of her artwork. She was so talented.



A few of the pallbearers.




I love this picture of my Dad.

All of the pallbearers.
My family doesn't lack variety.

My Dad and his brothers.

My Dad's sisters.


I'm not sure what happened in this picture.
I am sure it was straight and centered when I left it on the tripod??
Oh well.
As unhappy as the circumstances were, it was still nice to see so many people from my Dad's family.


An attempt to get a picture of the 3 sets of twins. . . . but they were all too wiggly.




My cousin Thomas and his cute wife Lisa.
Any pictures that I am in, he took (besides the group shots). Thanks Thomas!










My cousin Collin's family lives in Hong Kong, but they happened to be visiting.





Thomas also took this one.
Can you tell my Dad is the "little brother"?


My Dad read this poem at my Grandma's funeral.
She said it was one of her favorites:
Life's Story
There was a sweet spirit during her funeral.
The speakers (her sons) did wonderfully. I loved hearing what they had to say about their Mom.
She was such an incredible woman.


There were two tables of pictures of her and some of her artwork. She was so talented.



A few of the pallbearers.




I love this picture of my Dad.

All of the pallbearers.
My family doesn't lack variety.

My Dad and his brothers.

My Dad's sisters.


I'm not sure what happened in this picture.
I am sure it was straight and centered when I left it on the tripod??
Oh well.
As unhappy as the circumstances were, it was still nice to see so many people from my Dad's family.


An attempt to get a picture of the 3 sets of twins. . . . but they were all too wiggly.




My cousin Thomas and his cute wife Lisa.
Any pictures that I am in, he took (besides the group shots). Thanks Thomas!










My cousin Collin's family lives in Hong Kong, but they happened to be visiting.





Thomas also took this one.
Can you tell my Dad is the "little brother"?


My Dad read this poem at my Grandma's funeral.
She said it was one of her favorites:
Life's Story
No matter what else you are doing
From cradle days through to the end
You're writing your life's greatest story
Each day sees another page penned.
Each month, the end of a chapter.
Each year, the end of a part,
And never a word is mistaken
Or even a thought of the heart.
Each morn when you wake, the book opens
Revealing a page pure and white.
What thoughts, what actions, what doings
Will cover it's surface by night?
God leaves that to you, you're the writer
And never one word will grow dim
Until you write the word
"Finished"





0 comments:
Post a Comment