Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

We celebrate Christmas Eve pretty much the same way every year.
1. Crab and Pizza.
2. Christmas Pajamas.
3. Reading about the Birth of Jesus Christ.
4. Putting presents out.
5. Going to bed/Waiting for Mr. Clause. 

This is how my family has done Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember. 
We take traditions pretty seriously. 

Crab and Pizza




Christmas Pajamas. 



Trying to get pictures of kids in their cute new pajamas is ridiculous and hilarious. 







Even the big kids got new pajamas. 




Chris is making what we call "Bradshaw Face". 
My Dad reading to everyone about the Birth of Jesus Christ. 

Putting the presents out. We don't put any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve... because if we did they wouldn't stay wrapped until Christmas. 
Also... out tree always takes a serious beating throughout December and looks a bit haggard come Christmas. 

I'm kind of obsessed with this guy. He's pretty much the greatest and he makes me laugh every day. 



Then we went to bed and waited for Santa!

**I forgot to mention that when we arrived home from my parents house, we were getting the kids inside and into bed and Tyler and I ran out front to spread out some reindeer food he had made at school. When we came back inside Tim had gotten the other kids into bed and I sent Tyler upstairs... but then we realized that Jaxen was nowhere to be found. We knew we had brought him inside but he wasn't in bed, or anywhere else for that matter. He had been going through a "hiding" phase where he thought it was great fun to hide from us, so initially that's what we had assumed. We looked all over and started yelling for him to come out (waking up Madee and Boston who had been asleep). Then we wondered if he had some how gotten outside when Ty and I had gone out and started looking out there. We were worried he'd followed us out and then gotten locked out or something. This went on for about ten minutes and we were really starting to panic, when suddenly he appeared out of nowhere. The little stinker had been hiding. He said he was behind the couch. I did look there, but I guess I missed him somehow. I guess I didn' think he would continue hiding if we were calling for him like we were... Anyways, it was scary.
And now it will forever be remembered as the Christmas Eve we thought we'd lost Jaxen.
The End.

0 comments: