Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas Day 2013

While we were sleeping, Santa paid us a visit.



And that fat man in red magically knew that Tim's parents and brother, Dave, would be spending Christmas morning with us, so he brought their stockings to our house. 

We made the kids wait at the top of the stairs until everyone showed up and we were ready for them.
they were so excited (and adorable).

Madee has classic Christmas Morning bed-head.







Boston thinks his uncle Dave is pretty great.
But he wasn't sure what to think of his presents.

Tim's Dad. 

^^  this might be the best picture of the day ^^
Jaxen opening the present Tyler got him... A giant superman action figure.





Santa ate the cookies and drank the soda the kids left him.

Tyler: "Whoa! Don't step on the presents!"

Madee was not pleased that Boston was riding his dinosaur.. but Boston was happy to share.

I gave Tim a guitar this year. It was one he really wanted, but I know he wasn't really expecting it. 
I knew if I wrapped up a guitar box, he would know. So I hid the guitar in Boston's closet and put a note in a box telling him where to find his gift. Then I put that box in a bigger box and layered a few more boxes and wrapped them so he wouldn't catch on. Plus it was fun to watch him unwrap it.











We gave the kids a container of dress up clothes. They were a big hit. 




Christmas breakfast was sweet rolls, sausage, and fruit and juice. 



All Jaxen asked for was a police set and a race track. 


Madee was (and still is) a huge fan of this princess dress that was among the dress ups. 

I think this handsome boy enjoyed his first Christmas. 

Madee adores her Dad. 




Tyler wasted no time in trying out his new skateboard. 
That evening we went to my parents and got to facetime with Daniel who is serving a mission in California!
It was so nice to talk to him. He has grown up so much... but is somehow still the same. 
Then we had a delicious Christmas dinner and opened up even more presents. 




It was a really great Christmas and I'm so glad we were able to spend it with both of our families! 



0 comments: