I begged asked Tim to take the summer semester off of school this year.
(Oh did I mention Tim is working on his Master's Degree? Well he is. It's a riot).
I knew I would need help adjusting to four kids and we both wanted to do some fun things while the kids were out of school. The top of our list was the cabin. My family had plans to go one night and rent some wave runners. Since Tim was off a few days before my family planned to come up, we spent a few days there just our little (big) family.
This kid is such a big helper.
Since we have a newborn, we didn't have any big agenda. We went fishing every day and ate our meals on the deck and let the kids frolic (yes frolic) in the woods.
Tim taught our monsters the fine art of making s'mores.
They clearly enjoyed devouring their s'mores and all required baths at the end of the process.
Tyler found a caterpillar while he was out exploring.
There's a small fishing lake and playground just down the road from my family's cabin.
It's perfect.
My parents and some of my siblings (Jessi and her family couldn't come) showed up and we went to the lake early one morning.
Jaxen was content to spend the entire day playing in the sand. This kid loves dirt. I think he only went out on the wave runner twice.
Tyler on the other hand... spent most of his day on a wave runner with various people.
He's a speed demon.
Madee just wanted to play in the water.
Boston was content to lay on a towel. He was such a good baby throughout the whole trip.
Daniel brought his friend, Andrew, along. Madee thinks Andrew is pretty fantastic.
I learned that my phone is not safe if Daniel is around.....ever.
They played some volleyball.
I feel I should mention that this picture was taken after my loving husband threw me in the lake (twice).
That's either chocolate of dirt on her mouth. I'm not concerned either way.
Ty never stayed on the beach for long.
Standing in the lake is a really good time.
After we finished at the Lake, we stopped at the Dairy Keen for shakes shakes and took them back to the cabin.
We were totally beat at the end of the day... but it was a really fun trip.














































0 comments:
Post a Comment