I set Jaxen's dinner in front of him (Au-gratin potatoes and a roll) and he made a face, covered his nose and said, "That smells awful".
I gave Tyler some toast for breakfast. He took one bite and said,
"Mmmmm... it tastes as good as a pumpkin corn cob of light"
What the.....???
When Madee wakes up from her nap, frequently Jaxen will go into her room and climb in her crib with her and they play happily until I come to get them both out. The other day I was pulling each child out of the crib when Jaxen said, "Do you know why I can't get out of Madee's crib by myself?"
"Why", I said.
"Because I might die... and dying isn't cool".
As we were getting in the car so I could take Ty to school, he looked at me and said, "Mom, you're still in your pajamas!"
I laughed (because this is not that abnormal) and said, "I know I didn't have time to get dressed. We are running late". After a minute of consideration, I asked him, "Are you embarrassed?"
Tyler answered without any hesitation, "No, you just look like a knucklehead".
I told Jaxen that if I had to pick any four year old boy in the whole wide world to be mine, I would pick him. He smiled his sweet Jaxen smile and thought about that for a minute. Then he asked,
"Does Jesus do 'eenie meanie miney mo'?"
The other night, Tyler got really thoughtful and quiet during dinner. After a while he finally asked, "Do robots have souls?"
I could hear my kids were arguing downstairs so I went down to investigate. They all seemed upset so I asked Tyler, "What's going on?" and he responded, "Jaxen called Madee a jelly fish for no reason!!"
Jaxen: I'm a light saber wolf!
Owen (Jaxen's best friend): I'm a secret agent... and a kid!
I had Madee and Jaxen in the bath one evening, when Tyler came in and announced he had to go poo (sorry, too much info? Actually, let's be honest, I'm not sorry).
"Sorry" I said, "You can't go in here".
"Why not?" He asked. Modesty is not very important to Ty yet.
"Because it will stink!" I said.
Then he responded without hesitation, and with a completely straight face,
"Oh yeah. It will smell like Carlye in a monkey cage... and the monkeys are picking bugs out of your hair".
I just stared at him, surprised, until we both burst out laughing.
I came into the boys room after putting Madee to bed to find Tyler reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to Jaxen. When he got to the part where the caterpillar is a big fat caterpillar and builds a coccoon. He showed me the page very seriously and said, "The author of this book made a mistake. He said the caterpillar built a cocoon around himself but it should say he built a chrysalis"
I actually looked it up .... he is right. Butterflies build chrysalis' and moths build cocoons.
Jaxen: "Knock Knock"
Kati: "Who's there?"
Jaxen: "Boxy Timbers"
Kati: "Boxy Timbers, Who?"
Jaxen: "I'm going to replace your teeth with funny teeth!"
All of his jokes are this ridiculous. . . they either involve something crossing a road, or knock knock jokes that don't go together at all. Either way, he thinks they are hilarious!
Tyler, "Dad said yesterday was Pi day"
Me, "Oh yeah, I forgot. We should have eaten pie"
Tyler (very condescendingly), "No Mom. Not that kind of pie. Pi is a number."



1 comments:
This morning we were picking up a friends son for school. Trenton (my 4 year old) saw their oldest daughter in the drivers seat of their car. We rolled down our window to say hi to her. I said to Trenton "can you believe Hailee is old enough to drive now" He says to her "thats awesome, but does that mean you are still a girl?" She laughed and said yes, I am a girl driver.
Post a Comment