Since both my Grandpa and Grandma Bradshaw have passed away, and our family has grown quite a bit, I wasn't sure if we would continue having big ol' "Bradshaw Family Christmas Parties".
But the tradition lives on!
At least for one more year.
This year, it was my parents turn to plan the festivities.
We played a family trivia game. It was fun (and hard...) to gather the info on many of our family members that live around the world! But now we all know a little bit more about each other.
Madee and Delilah chose to work together on the trivia game.
I handed my camera to David and Kati and some point during the night and ended up with lots of pictures like these...
After eating and declaring the winners of the trivia game, we gathered all the chairs in a circle for a game we've been playing for years. It's kind of like musical chairs, but you pass around a present, and when the music stops, whoever is holding it has to open as much of the present as they can before it starts again. Whoever gets the present out, gets to keep it.
Tim and Isaac wrapped the gifts for the game this year. They didn't make it easy at all. Tim ran out of packing tape so he wrapped each layer in shrink wrap.
The kids made their own game in the center of the circle.
It was a huge mess....
Madee has a thing about climbing in boxes.
Lastly, we had a piƱata for the kids .
Jaxen got in, shoved as much chocolate in his mouth as he could, and then moved on.
That's how he rolls.
People kept opening candy for Madelinn (DAD!!!)... she was in a bit of a sugar daze by the end of the night.
Overall, it was a good night!
I love this tradition, and I love my seeing my extended family.
Overall, it was a good night!
I love this tradition, and I love my seeing my extended family.




























1 comments:
so glad you got pictures of me on the floor fighting for candy with the kids. It started out getting candy for Delilah but then I saw stuff I liked :)
Post a Comment