Monday, August 20, 2012

While you were away....

Dear Husband,

I hope you're having a great time camping.  I guess you don't have any signal.  It's been really weird to have no contact with you for so long. I hope you haven't been eaten by a bear. . . .  I'm not sure when you'll be back exactly, but I do hope its soon. We've been busy while you've been gone, but it's still not the same around here without you.

Friday after you left, the kids and I ran to the library. We picked you up a new audio CD. Be excited, it's a good one. Then I decided to go crazy and take the kids to McDonalds (all by myself). We went in and ordered our food. I had Madee in the stroller so it took some mad skills to carry our tray of fries and chicken nuggets to our table while pushing your chubby baby along. While I was retreiving our food, the boys ran ahead to the play place. I laid out their meals all nicely on napkins (because, we both know how questionable those tables can be) and called up for them to come down and eat. It was about that time the crying started. It was Jaxen. He had climbed to the very top of the play place. Lets remember for a minute how terrified of heights the little man is. . . . Well he climbed up and looked out the little plexi glass window only to discover how high up he was. The poor kid was absolutely horrified. He screamed hysterically. Tyler tried and tried to talk him down. Other kids climbed up and tried to help the distraught Jaxen down the tunnels, but he wouldn't budge. He just kept on screaming. It was after about ten minutes of this, that I accepted my fate. I was going to have to go up there.

I scanned the room for the nicest looking person to leave Madee with while I journeyed through the bowels of the play place. Luckily I found a nice Grandma with her cute grandaughters who happily took on Madee in her stroller. Like everyone else in the restaurant (remember how loud Jaxen cries?), she had been watching me try to talk him down, and already knew of my perdicament. Madee was happy to wait with strangers as long as she had a fry in each hand and I made my way up. I finally found him at the very top and had to slowly urge him along, until we were finally released from the horrid smelly tunnels. The poor kid was shaking and pale. I briefly considered packing up our dinner and leaving, but decided to stay. Jaxen opted to stay at the table while Tyler played after their food was consumed.

Saturday, we got up and went down the street to the Stansbury Days parade. Our kids were good as gold and loved the parade, especially the fire trucks. Although, I have to tell you, I was a little bit disappointed. It was a really short parade.


After some lunch and a nap for Madee -Lou, we made our way to "Kati's ball work" (IKEA). Jaxen was jazzed to be able to go inside and play now that he is an underwear - wearing fella. While Ty and Jax enjoyed the splendor of small land, my Mom, Madee, and I wandered. I looked at tables for our entry way (don't worry, I didn't buy anything) and my mom got a few things she needed.

My mom fed our offspring dinner while I finished getting Tyler's school supplies and got some groceries. Then I dined on Chick-a-filla with Kati and David. Did you know there is a sauce called the Chick-a-Filla sauce? I didn't, but now that I've tried it, I'll never go back. Never. That night Jaxen came stumbling into our room around 3AM. Upon seeing your side of the bed vacant, he climbed right in and made himself at home. I didn't mind one bit.

Like most Sundays, I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep, only to wake up an hour before church started. Naturally we were 15 minutes late and frazzled. Madee was feeling extra loud so Jane took her and walked the halls while I taught primary. On our way to Sacerment meeting, Jaxen exploded into a surprisingly loud scream fest. I thought he was upset because Madee had ripped a corner off of the picture he had colored during nursery, so I made my way to the library with Jaxen and Madee in my arms and Tyler trailing behind us. I got his paper all taped up, but the crying didn't stop and he wouldn't share with the rest of us what his issue was, so I threw in the towel and went home. It wasn't until we got home and changed out of our church clothes that Jaxen informed me that he was crying becuase he was thirsty and we had walked past the drinking fountain. Of course.

After some nap/quiet time we all loaded up in the car and went over to your parents house to drop off the chairs we borrowed for Madee's birthday party. After a short chat with your parents, we stopped my grandparents to say hello and then went to my Mom's for lasagna (jealous? You were probably eating ramen noodles ha ha...). Lesley's mom was in town and so we all had a nice chat while our kids and the Fogg kids got sufficiently dirty in the sand box.

This morning we met my mom, Kati and Hazel at the zoo (Hazel slept over at my Mom's). I was able to get everyone but my Mom in with our zoo pass and we all had a good time, despite the blazing heat. Madee called every animal a kitty, even the elephants. I also found another kind of sunblock that Jaxen is allergic to. By the time we got home, his eye was so swollen he looked a little bit like the deformed.




I have to be honest, its been kind of nice to have the bed all to myself and have one less person to cook and clean for, but I have been missing you like crazy. If anyone missed you more than me, it was your boys. They asked several times a day when you would be home. We are pretty big fans of yours. Come home soon, okay?

Love,
Your wife

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in love.

Also...Aliese is allergic to all sunscreen above spf 8. I really hope this isn't the case with Jax. And how dare you walk passed the drinking fountain? You should have known he was thirsty.

Craig and Monica said...

You are one brave mama. I don't think I would have been so eager to entertain my kids without my hubby. I hope he comes home soon!

Araignée said...

What a great life you all have :^) By the way, if you run out of ideas to entertain, there's always the amazing Bean Museum down at BYU: http://mlbean.byu.edu