My Grandma Bradshaw (my Dad's Mom) passed away on July 6, 2011. She was such an amazing woman and led an extraordinary life. You can read more about her life here in her self written obituary.
Don't you just love that she wrote her own obituary?
That's just how she was.
Don't you just love that she wrote her own obituary?
That's just how she was.

She was such a classy woman. She rarely left the house without lip stick and her nails were always painted (usually pink). She was extremely artistic and created beautiful things. My Grandma was bold and outspoken. She had a firm testimony and knowledge of the gospel and she based her whole life around it.
There are so many things I will miss about her. A few weeks ago, I stopped by to visit her. She was in a lot of pain, but before I left, she told me to give my boys a kiss from her and squeezed my hand and gave me a quick wink. After that visit, she didn't always acknowledge my presence, but there was always such a strong spirit about her. Especially when I stopped by hours before her passing. Although she never recognized that I was there, the feeling in the room was overwhelming. I knew she wouldn't be with us long, and I knew that she wasn't alone.
I'm so blessed to have such a remarkable woman to look up to.
I will miss her so much, but I am grateful that she is finally reunited with my sweet Grandpa again (after almost 20 years!).





2 comments:
She was really pretty and really impressive. So many foreign missions! I'm sorry she's gone but glad you got to have such a good grandma!
Her nails were ALWAYS the same color pink. In your wedding picture isn't she wearing that necklace you and Kati were fighting over? :)
Post a Comment