Friday, April 2, 2010

Park it up

I used to think Liberty Park was scary.
Treacherous even.
But it's not. 
It's rather entertaining.
Although, I don't think I would recommend going at night.
Or on Sundays... unless you really like the drums. 



Shannon and Amelia

Tyler decided to join another family for a while....

Holly loves the park.





3 comments:

marcie said...

I LOVE Liberty Park. We used to go there and have family picnics all the time... that playground was definitely the coolest thing ever when I was growing up.

I'll definitely go there with you though that parks (and I can see that one falling into the category) being just a bit on the sketchy side.

STORY TIME IN CARLYE'S COMMENT SECTION: We went to the "big" playground in our city the other day, not just the normal park that we go to every day, but a cool one, like Liberty, except not like Liberty b/c it's not old school, but definitely has enough to entertain all day long... anyway, I digress, I've been informed by my brothers that in the night time hours, it is the local spot for lighting up a joint, and I'm not joking. There's a big tower, on the biggest level, about two stories up, where it's all covered and dark before you slide down 3 different tube slides... it's like a gazeebo up there with walls. So, we were there at sundown the other day, only 7 stinkin' o'clock in the evening, and I turn to Mike and I say, "can you smell that?" and he was like "oh, yeah" and I was like "crap, I thought I was imagining it..." (because apparently I imagine that a lot??). It was really fragrant and very obviously fresh. Then we looked up at the tower, and couldn't see any kids, but then we decided that it was best that we leave now, and sure enough as we're walking back to our car, we see 4 teenagers coming down the ramp that leads up to it.

I was beside myself. I couldn't believe those stupid potheads. I HONESTLY don't know what I'd be more upset at my child about-- choosing to put such junk into their body, or the time and place in which they chose to do it. How utterly disrespectful and rude... there are a bunch of kids there, and that is so horrible to be doing that around them. Make your own stupid choices, but don't bring innocent little people into your sick little world.

Needless to say, it ticked me off. When they told me what happened at night... I thought they meant NIGHT, not like after dinner. What the heck.

Holly said...

I do love the park...I'm a free spirit....oh and Marcie I would have dialed the cops so fast they wouldnt have been able to finish their last pass around!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun. I've never spent much time there.