Monday, April 5, 2010

Have I told you about my Dad?

I know I have mentioned him more than once.
You've seen pictures of him.
(Most of them humorous.)
But have  I really told you about him?
I don't think I have.

So I will.

My dad is an amazing man. 
He's not a perfect man, nor does he pretend to be.
He is completely genuine.
What you see is what you get, and he'll tell you how it is without apology.
He's honest and he's strong.
He is fun, and silly.
But, he can also be serious and thoughtful. 
He can move furniture, climb trees, fix bath tubs, build barbie houses and catapults, lay carpet and shingles, and cook a delicious breakfast like it's nobody's business. 
He is capable and methodical.
He is organized and efficient.
He is educated and intelligent. 
He understands things and can explain them in a simple way.
He has taught me countless things.
He knows so much about the gospel.
But most of all he knows the gospel.
He knows of it's authenticity with an unwavering certainty.
A certainty that gives me faith when I'm lacking.
He loves his family and puts us above all else.
We are the top priority. 
He is such an example to me.
And I love him so much.
I am immensely blessed to have him as my Dad.

Happy Birthday Dad  =)

2 comments:

Bradshaw Family said...

Thanks, Carlye! That is very sweet.
Dad

Annie said...

i love this post! made me tear up just a little.