Thursday, March 4, 2010

Up a Tree

I came out of my house on Tuesday, 
only to find my father (in all of his 51 year-old glory) up in a tree.

And not just a little tree, mind you. 
A big freaken tree.

Now, I am sure you are wondering, as I was, what in the world he was doing in this big freaken tree.
My mom called me while me and my children and I were watching him in amazement (and horror?).
She said:

Mom: Is Dad there?
Me: Yes, He's up in a tree.
Mom: What is he doing up in a tree?!!!!
Me: Getting in touch with his inner child.

Of course this was not the real answer.
He was merely trying to get a hornets nest out of said tree.
He threw a broom at it a few times, to no avail.
And finally went with the 'spraying it with the hose' method.
Success!

On a side note, my Dad is our landlord, 
so he is by our apartment every once and a while doing repairs or meeting other tenants.
My boys love it when my Dad comes by.
They've learned to recognize the sound of his (yellow) work van.
And when he's doing repairs, he has a constant shadow.

And I'll dare to bet that within a few months,
he'll have two shadows.
Because Jaxen thinks his Grandpa is the bee's knees.

PS. Can you tell how pleased he was to have me take his picture?
But there was nothing he could do because he was up in a tree... although he did spray me with the hose.

1 comments:

Jessi Fogg said...

Why does dad being up a tree not surprise me. I hope there were no bees in that nest because it would have been very hard for him to run away. I think he will have more than 2 shadows. Erick has been using the tools you gave him to "fix" things around the house. I think when he sees dad fixing things with tools Erick will be a follower as well.