Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sun Valley, Idaho


The day after Christmas,we loaded the kids up in the car and drove to Sun Valley, Idaho. We stayed in a condo with Tim's brother, Speezer, and his wife, Kim, and their two kids Brookelle and Cody. Kim's parents have a time share up there and nobody was using it the first week so they offered it to us (Thanks again Kim!!!) and they were able to come with us for the first couple of days. We had such a good time!



Tim did most of the driving.


But Jaxen helped a little.


The kids were surprisingly good during the long car ride. They slept most of the way, but when they woke up they just played with their new books.


Ty loves Brookelle and Cody.

We walked around the shops at the SunValley resort for a while.
We found a ridiculously expensive shop and played "Who can find the most expensive item"
Speezer won. He found a $2000 jacket.



We went bowling....










Aren't my boys cute?

As we were finishing bowling, Speezer noticed somebody sitting at the little bar drinking a Dr. Pepper.
Who was that somebody???

None other than TOM HANKS!!!!
He even asked us Speezer if we were done with our lanes.
I (not so sneakily) took his picture.







See?? It really is him!
Forest Gump in the flesh.



We went swimming a couple times.




There was a big ol' hill not far from the condo so we went sledding.
The kids didn't last more than an hour or so, but we had a good time.
Jax had a runny nose so Kim stayed at the Condo with him, while I went and took (too many) pictures.
















We even did some sledding right there at the condo after Speezer and Kim left. Although Tyler prefered to just pull his cars around in the sled.












And we spent A LOT of time just relaxing at the condo and playing games.
Even though Brookelle and Cody are a few years older than Tyler they are so good with him. Tyler has so much fun playing with them.














Jax thinks Brook is fascinating.











I love my boys.











Hanging out... I caught Tim throwing a piece of paper.
I'm amazing like that.







Cute family


I was trying to get a picture of them just smiling with their heads level so I could see how much they looked alike. After many (ridiculous) failed attempts,
 I gave up.

Thanks Speezer and Kim! We had a really good time!


**Side note: The first time I met Tim's family was in the hospital when Brookelle was born. She was such a pretty baby.

Oh and speaking of babies...
Look at my sister Jessica's blog.


1 comments:

ashland said...

LOL love the pics!