Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preschool

Today Tyler started preschool. I have mixed feelings about this. I wanted to cry cause I was sending my baby out into the big wide world, but I also wanted to rejoice because it gives me some one-on-one time with Jax and Ty an opportunity to play with other kids and experience something different. I thought for sure we were in for a pretty rough "goodbye". We had gone to the orientation the week before so Ty was pretty psyched to start school, but I still thought he'd have a hard time letting us leave. So we walked in, he said bye mom, gave me a kiss and that was that. I was shocked. Since his preschool has observation rooms, I was able to watch him for a bit. He didn't mind at all that I had left. I was so glad (and maybe mildly offended).

On a completely unrelated note, I think Jaxen is teething. He has cried non-stop for two days now. It is completely out of character for him. I think I might lose my marbles. Yes, ladies and gentleman, my marbles.

6 comments:

Holly said...

just like he said that one day when I came in to wake you up.."Mom I dont like you". Embrace it...he's just not a fan.

marcie said...

Mildly offended is the perfect wording! Every Sunday when I take Ben to nursery I expect him to at least bit a LITTLE concerned that we're leaving... NOPE. NOTHING! He doesn't even tell us bye- just heads straight for the toys, and every Sunday as I'm sad reaching out for my baby to need his mommy Mike has to pull me away saying "it's so much better this way!"

Man, why do we have to be such dang awesome moms and raise such independent and secure kiddos-- I guess that's our trial in life, hahaha!

Carlye said...

Haha! Ty has a hard time with nursery about half of the time. That's partly why I thought he would have a hard time leaving me for school, but apparently school is much cooler than I am.

Anonymous said...

Marbles even. Poor Jax's teeth. Good for cute Ty and his big backpack...preschool already...geeze!

Carlye said...

His backpack is big huh? Tim says we need to get him a smaller one. Although I remember my back pack being quite large when I started preschool. Big back packs are cool.

Rachel said...

He'll do so great in Preschool! Wish I was his teacher...