As fun as playing at the park in the snow is . . .
Maybe its the pregnancy, or maybe it's just my feelings about being cold, but I have little or no desire to take Tyler to play outside right now. So I am wondering what some of you do to keep your kids occupied and entertained during the winter months (preferably cheap, or better yet, free!). Here's some things that have worked so far. . .
Coloring. We do A LOT of this.

Jumpin Jacks. We went for a birthday party and he was entertained for hours. We need to go back soon.

Indoor swimming. Tyler loves this and it totally tires him out.
Indoor forts and tents. Look at his face. I love it.

Having friends over for lunch and playing. Anybody want to come over and play?
Hide and Seek! This is how he counts: 1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11
Story time at Barnes and Noble and the library have also been a big hit. I wish I could take him back to the Dinosaur Museum a couple more times, but it's kind of expensive. So any other suggestions?



5 comments:
I would like very much to come over and play...We have an indoor jump place but it grosses me out...I'm pretty sure thats where mya picked up the pink eye...I love going to the Library and indoor pool..it sounds like you've done just about all there is to do when you cant go out. Mya likes to craft, but that might be a girl thing and she loves a to read stories so I normally make a craft that has to do with the story and then I try to create a snack that goes along with the story too. She LOVES to help make anything with me in the kitchen. Have you tried Play doh yet? I'm lovin how long this comment is!
Geez what a novel . . just kidding. We have tried play doh. It always turns into a disaster, but it keeps him occupied for a while. He likes to help me cook and he loves stories. What kind of crafts do you do?
I'd love to come over and play! He's doing good with his counting skills...he's so sweet!
Jumpin jacks is the best isn't it? They play and we sit. Now that is what I am talking about:)
He is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet your next little guy! We are so bored too but also so unmotivated (preggo!) too. BUT we want to come play. Why do you live so far? Also, I have a membership to the dino museum so all my "guests" get half off! So if you want to go sometime let me know. We go like once a week. The boys would have a blast.
Post a Comment