The other day we were out for a walk and we stopped to show Tyler a potato (pill) bug. I put it in my hand and he was fascinated watching it crawl around on my hand. He wanted to hold it so I put the bug on his hand. The potato bug immediately curled up into a ball. As soon as it did this, Tyler picked it up in his little fingers and TRIED TO EAT IT!!!! It is a mystery to us as to why he did this. We didn't let him, of course, but I am hoping he doesn't come across any other potato bugs in the near future . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Don't worry. Potato bugs are a harmless ingestion, in fact, it will likely turn him into a strapping lad...like my brother. Yes, by brother routinely ate potato bugs as a child. We'd catch him after the fact with kind of an oreo face. Gross.
I'm interested to know what an oreo face looks like. Whats funny is Mya did the EXACT same thing...only when it had rolled into a ball did she try and eat it...I kinda just wanted to let her try it to see what would happen...but alas I didnt....maybe next time.
Post a Comment