Friday, June 13, 2014

Boston's FIRST Birthday Party!

During all of the chaos of May, this handsome boy turned ONE!
I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

Boston has been our easiest baby. He nursed well and slept pretty good right from the start. He is laid back and happy and sweet. He loves to eat and play and he's even a good napper. He says "Mama" and  "Dada" and waves and claps. He doesn't walk yet but he does enjoy yelling, especially during church. He loves to be read to and he adores his brothers and sister.
 His nicknames include: Bubba, Bubbas, Bubbers, Boss, Boss-man, and Chunky Monkey.
His favorite foods are: bananas, puffs, sweet potatoes, black beans, strawberries, raspberries, cheese, and breast milk.
His hobbies include: crawling really fast, crawling up the stairs, napping, pulling hair, pushing balls or cars around, splashing in the tub, and giving open mouthed kisses. 
 We just love having this sweet boy in our family. 
We had originally planned to have a big barbeque for his first birthday party. We sent out invitations but then the party landed on the day before Madee's surgery. It was way too much going on so we rescinded our invitations and just invited the grandparents over for pizza and cake. 
My sister, Kati, is a very talented baker and made this amazing cake for Boston to smash. 

Our parents brought side dishes and we ordered pizza. It was really laid back (which was perfect). After dinner we let Boston eat cake (while the rest of us ate some delicious cupcakes kati made).


He was a little wary of the candle.

I really love the way he's looking at the flame. Man I love this boy...
Fortunately his brother swept in and blew out the candle before he had to worry about it.

I think these pictures speak for themselves....












He gave up on eating the cake and just started sweeping it across the tray, making an enormous mess. 
It was awesome... luckily I put a plastic table cloth on the floor underneath him.





After the cake, he required a sink bath.

While Boston was getting cleaned up, Kati gave Madee a pedicure.




The Boston opened his gifts.

He takes present-opening pretty seriously. 


And Madee got some gifts as well in anticipation of her surgery. 
All in all, it was a fun little party and I love watching my babies smash cake at their first birthdays.
And you can watch too if you want to watch the video...

I sure love this adorable boy and I'm so glad he's mine.
Happy Birthday Boss!

0 comments: