I came into the kitchen, and Jaxen ran up to me excitedly and said (the dreaded words),
"I gave Madee a hair cut!".
Horrified, I quickly assessed the damages.
He had cut the front few pieces next to one side of her face a few inches. Not too horribly short.
He also cut a little bit of his own hair but it wasn't very noticeable.
I felt all in all, it wasn't too bad.
I calmly explained to Jaxen that we never, ever cut each others hair.
That scissors were just for paper.
I cleaned up the hair mess, and we called it good.
Later, during lunch, while Madee was buckled into her high chair I attempted to get a couple of pictures of her "new hair cut" to send to my Mom.
Jaxen saw me and asked me if I liked the hair cut he'd given Madee. I absently answered that I did, then I took Boston upstairs to put him down for a nap.
When I came downstairs, Madee was complaining that her lunch was "Kaka" (yucky).
I went over to investigate, to find her plate covered in blonde hair.
Further investigation found the floor also covered in blonde hair.
Jaxen tried to deney his involvement, but eventually fessed up.
He had cut the other side, and evened things up.
I think because I had told him I liked the hair cut, he felt motivated to cut more.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE HE CUT HER HAIR AGAIN!
I clearly should have been more angry, and less calm the first time.
This was the closest thing I could find to a "before" picture.
It was about six months ago, so her hair was a bit longer and thicker when he gave her a chop.
This was the best after picture I could get.
Have a mentioned Madee doesn't cooperate for pictures?
Oh maybe I should also mention her hair is wet from the bath, and not greasy...
The pictures don't give her crazy hair cut justice, but on either side her hair is a little above her chin.
Don't get me wrong, I realize that a hair cut from a four year old could have been so so much worse, but it was still frustrating.
I tried to just embrace it for a while. Her hair wasn't super even to begin with and I wasn't ready to cut off all her hair yet... but after a few days I couldn't take it anymore. It looked a little more mullet-like than I could handle, so I took her to a friend nearby to have it all cut off. I was really nervous about chopping all her pretty hair off, and Madee didn't love the experience at all (and like usual she wouldn't cooperate for any pictures during the hair cut), but it turned out so so cute!
It looks so much more healthy and thick.
I think it also makes her look older, but it's really adorable.
Now I just hope Jaxen really learned not to cut people's hair.
Only time will tell.








0 comments:
Post a Comment