I think it's safe to say that most little kids like books.
I might even dare to say that all little kids like books.
At least I've never encountered a kid who doesn't enjoy being read to.
But my darling daughter loves books more than any child I've ever met.
And I've met a lot of children.
She's shown a preference for books for as long as I can remember.
Even as a baby she would sit content in our laps as long as we were reading to her.
When she discovered Tyler could read, she was always climbing up into his lap with a book.
Now she likes to read to herself. Obviously she can't really read, but she has many books memorized and the ones she doesn't she makes up her own story.
She used to insist that we read her a huge stack of books every night before bed. We've been able to limit the number a little bit but she still can't go to bed without being read to.
It's not unusual to find her in the morning or after a nap still tucked into bed reading to herself.
In fact, sometimes in the middle of the day she'll just go read in her bed or sitting next to the bookshelf in the play room.
Madee's also taken up reading to Boston from time to time.
Is it just me or do these pictures (and too-small shirt) accentuate his chub?
She builds nests of blankets and pillows with her brothers and they read books.
I wish I could remember the hilarious things Jaxen was saying when he was "reading" the scriptures to Madee and Boston. It was really funny....
Don't get me wrong, my boys also love books.
They love to be read to and lately we've been cruising through chapter books, which has been so much fun.
But that daughter of mine really loves books.
I hope that never changes.
*Title quote by Stephen King
















1 comments:
: ) I love the little shirt on Boston ha ha... We love books too! I just started selling Usborne books! Have you heard of them? We should do a Usborne facebook party : )
Post a Comment