I was really bummed when I realized Tim had to work and wouldn't be able to come to our annual sledding adventure at the cabin. I originally planned on just going for the day with my offspring since I would be husband-less, but at the last minute I decided we would just go for one night. I'm really glad we decided to stay (despite the fact that Madee slept horrible) because we had a lot of fun.
We had a little trouble starting out. The battery in our car was dead. A fact I didn't realize until we were all loaded in the car. After a neighbor helped me jump start it, I realized it probably needed a new battery, so me and my three kids got to spend 2 hours (during nap time) at Sears while they tested the old battery (yep...dead) and installed a new one.
But... we eventually made it up and, thanks to some really nice brothers, we managed to get ourselves and all of our stuff up the snowy hill to the cabin. Phew!
Once we were somewhat settled, the kids immediately wanted to go play in the snow.
Tyler was out sledding with Hazel before I could snap a picture of him, but I attempted to get some of Madee and Jaxen. Because the snow was so deep, they both (especially Madee who's boots were too big) had a really hard time walking and kept falling over. Oh and don't mind Madee's snow gear... she has all brothers. All we had was boy stuff, although we were able to find a pink snow hat.
She didn't care.
I love that kid's freckles.
We didn't have very much time for sledding the first day, so we came inside and had dinner, played games (notice Chris playing "Go Fish" with the kids) and made s'mores.
Also, Annie Daniel has horrible hair, but he is cutting it tomorrow. Huzzah!
After staying up way too late chatting (and being up half the night with my darling daughter) we got up bright and early and went outside to play.
My Dad looks kind of terrifying in that picture...
Tyler and Hazel were pretty inseparable all weekend long.
I love that they are such good friends.
Madee and Delilah preferred to watch the kids sled from the window.
Are you as impressed as I am with her epic bed head?
The volume is surprising considering the little amount of sleeping she did.
Now that I think about it, I think she smeared some strawberry yogurt in her hair.
So.. if you are lacking in volume, you could always try running some strawberry yogurt through your locks.
It works for Madee.
This picture makes me laugh... mostly because of the crying child in the background.
I think Hazel and I were thinking the same thing when I took this picture...
"That snow is probably really dirty..."
When I told him not to eat it (after the picture) he said,
"Mom, it's okay. I made sure it wasn't yellow."
I have to say, the highlight of our weekend was watching Jessi and Isaac have a serious snow battle.
Isaac held nothing back as he white-washed his wife.
Look at the pure joy on his face in the middle picture!
Although... while Isaac was reveling in his victory, Jessi ran in the cabin and got his duffle bag...
And filled it with snow.
Overall, it was a really fun, quick trip.
The only thing that would have made it better is if my handsome husband would have been able to join us.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment