Monday, January 21, 2013

New Years Eve: Party Animals


The kids each came up with New Years resolutions on their own.

Jaxen's is to listen better.
He keeps reminding us that he's "working on it".
He struggles a bit following directions and I feel like we are constantly asking him to listen better, so I am not surprised...

Tyler says he wants to be polite to everyone in the whole world. He came home from school one day and announced that that was his resolution. He is growing up too fast.

Madelinn's goal this year is not eat her new baby brother that is due in May.
Ok.. she didn't actually commit to that resolution, but that is my hope for this year.
She gets very jealous so I'm nervous to see how she reacts to a new little person in our home that will divert any of my attention away from her.

Photobucket
Tim's Mom's birthday is New Years Eve, so in the past we've spent the holiday with his family.
But, the past few years, we've chosen to stay at home (and celebrate with his Mom before or after).
We brought his mom a cake and celebrated with her the day before. We originally planned on going out to dinner with the whole family, but she decided to postpone those plans when she broke her leg.

This year for New Years Eve, we got Papa Murphy's pizza, sparkling cider, and noise makers to make it a little bit more festive.
Photobucket
(Plastic) fancy cups to go with our elegant paper plates.
Photobucket
We had our own count down before putting the kids to bed. They were huge fans of the noise makers.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was nice to just be at home and still get the kids in bed on time.
Tim and I watched a movie until midnight, said happy new year and went to bed.
I know, I know... we are wild and crazy party animals.

1 comments:

Jane said...

Love the picture of madee with the noise maker! So cute. New Years is pretty much lame when you're married and have kids, although I do enjoy myself some sparkling cider. It's not as bad as your 21st birthday though when you're married and don't drink. Haha. I kept feeling like I should go get a tattoo or go to a club or something. It's probably a good thing I didn't.