Monday, July 30, 2012

California 2012.... Part Three

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think the beach house looks better when it's full of people.

Photobucket
The entire upper level of the house was a master suite that my parents claimed.
Photobucket
It looked right out onto the ocean.
Photobucket
The whole house was really nice. This was the only picture I got of the kitchens (it had two).
Unfortunately it was right after the breakfast rush....
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is one of my favorite pictures of Hazel and Tyler.
They are such good friends.

Photobucket
I talked Evan into letting me bury him.
He didn't love it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Six.
Photobucket
Hazel
Photobucket
Seriously.... Jaxen and Erick spent the entire vacation like this.
They didn't even need buckets and shovels.
Rocks and sticks were enough to satisfy them.
Photobucket
Such concentration.
Photobucket
Me and my bebe



Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this girl.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
While we were there, we celebrated David's 22nd birthday!
Photobucket

Photobucket
My kids slept like champs every night.
Photobucket

Photobucket


There was a camping hobo just up the beach which kept things interesting.
We named him Fernando.

  Photobucket
My parents being old.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Delilah (who aquired the nickname Delilarhea on this vacation due to an unfortunate incident on the way there...David drove with them and is scarred for life) preferred to chill on the deck.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
At some point we realized that Jaxen and my Dad had very similar hats and sunglasses.
Photobucket
My Mommy
Photobucket
On the days we spent on the beach, the kids would only come inside to use the bathroom.
Or at least, I hope they came inside to use the bathroom.
Photobucket
Nerds
Photobucket
Kathy
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madee and Delilah eventually decided the water was fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket
My cute kids
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madee's thighs are what dreams are made of.
Photobucket
Jess... this was the only time she came out in her swimsuit so I had to document the event.
Photobucket
In hindsight, push pops and sand are a bad combination.
Photobucket
My Dad swam out into the ocean with Kati and I.
Cause he's cool like that.
And he doesn't know that he's 54 years old.
Photobucket
We found out that Jaxen is allergic certain types of sunblock.
His eyes got puffy and watery, and he broke out in an awesome rash.
After a day on the beach and a small dose of Benadryl, that kid slept like a log.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kati and I
and our talons
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The three "little" kids
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My parents are in love.
Photobucket

Photobucket
On the morning we leave, we all go out and tell the beach goodbye.
It's tradition.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was really hard to say goodbye....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Two rather awkward pictures of two of my favorite people.
Photobucket

Photobucket
My parents had some car problems. They ended up leaving their struggling van in Las Vegas and renting this mini van. Because of the Kansas license plate, my Dad starting telling strangers we were from Wichita, Kansas, and for some reason this was very hilarious to us all... but especially to him.
Photobucket
We stopped in St. George on our way home. 
We went out to dinner and spent several hours in the pool.
It was the perfect way to end a really great vacation.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love so much about this. I want to stay in that amazing beach house and frolic with my husband and baby in the sand and water. That looks SO fun. I really hope Delilah's new nickname doesn't stick. Her teenaged self may not love it. I am glad that some brilliant ocd child arranged the sand pails by size. And I am bummed that Jax is allergic to certain types of sunscreen. Not so great in combination with his super fair complexion. Also, I wish I lived by you because I feel I don't see you or your family nearly enough.

Jessi Fogg said...

When you were little and at the beach did you ever come in to use the bathroom? Be honest now.

Michelle said...

THIGHS!!! I just want to squeeze them!
PS- Paige can only have one or two kinds of sunscreen too... same thing!