Sunday, July 22, 2012

California 2012... Part One

In May, we went to California with my family. We had a ridiculous amount of fun. I love our big family trips. As I've gone through the (1400 +!!!) pictures from the trip, I came to the conclusion, that I couldn't consolidate my pictures into one blog post. So... Here's part one.

Photobucket
I was really worried about how our kids would do on the long drive there, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were so good.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We made several stops at parks to let the kids run around and eat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We spent a night in Las Vegas, but we got there kind of late, so we just got dinner and put the kids to bed.
Photobucket
This was the house we stayed in while we were in California.
It was so nice.
It had 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and 2 kitchens, which was perfect for 18 people under one roof.
Photobucket

My kids were so eager to get on the beach!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madee wasn't sure about the sand at first, but soon decided she was a big fan.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Kati and I perfected our cartwheeling skills.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beach baby
Photobucket

Photobucket
Ah, the life of a grad student.... (that's an actual text book of Lesleys!)


Photobucket
Jessi and Isaac came a day late because of their kids dance recital, so we were all excited to play in the water with them when they arrived.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Jax is as cool as they come.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
I love Madee's face in the picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is how Jaxen and Erick spent the majority of their time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was a good thing we were on a private beach....
Photobucket
"stop taking pictures of me"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I caught Isaac taking a nap.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We saw a lizard or two.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chris made some of the biggest steaks I've ever seen.
They were the size of small pot roasts.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I am very fond of this picture.
Photobucket


Traditional family beach picture

The girls

Chris and Lesley
 Getting a picture of all 7 of my parent's grandchildren was tricky.

The Fogg Family

This is my favorite family picture we took, even if we're not all looking at the camera.


1 comments:

Julia said...

Cute cute family. Looks like you had a great trip! Can't wait to see part 2.