Monday, November 8, 2010

Pancake Soup

Do you ever let your kids make monumental messes just because it's keeping them happy and occupied?

Or am I the only one?

Today Tyler made pancake soup. He took the bowl containing leftover pancake batter from dinner (yes I made pancakes for our Sunday dinner.... ) and added some water, milk, an apple slice or two (which he said he added to make it smell good) and some of the pancake that Jaxon mutilated during dinner. He called it pancake soup. He really wanted me to taste it. He promised me it was delicious. He was tasting it (which made me want to throw up and get angry all at the same time.... Why is it that the kid will eat pancake soup but won't even consider completely ordinary foods like peas, strawberries, or macaroni and cheese as possible candidates for consumption??).. but finally he was satisfied with me smelling it. 
It smelled like....pancake soup.

Photobucket

PS. Serious blog catching up coming soon (hopefully).
PPS. Is it just me or did this post have a lot of parenthesis in it? 

4 comments:

Michelle Stocking said...

Mmmm... looks yummy. I can't BELIEVE you didn't try it.

And I let Drew make monumental messes all the time. It keeps me sane to let him sit and be content without needing me.

Jessi Fogg said...

That makes me want to gag a little.

Belle said...

Saki sure does-I have a hard time with it, but I think it's good to let kids go to a limit (ie not hurting themselves or others or things)I sometimes reign them in too much-I need to relax and let them have fun...maybe by my 5th kid :o

Manda said...

Hehe so so FUNNY! I love it!