Wednesday, May 19, 2010

David's Birthday Party

My brother, David's  birthday is this weekend.
So last weekend we celebrated it for him.

We had a big dinner with all of his favorite foods.


Like macaroni salad


Chef Boyardee Ravioli


Chicken Nuggets
(Yes...he does eat like a toddler....)


Burned Garlic Bread


And black cherry shasta of course.


Do you find this mildly creepy?
I don't.




My mom even made him a cake.
Can you see where Tyler sampled it?


This was the look on Tim and Isaac's faces when we told them we were going to sing David happy birthday. They were rather skeptical about having a birthday party for someone who's not there.


Hazel blew out the candles

And then we spent a long time playing outside (in the glorious sunshine).




Don't be fooled. He's not walking. 
I fooled you for a minute, didn't I?












This picture sums up why I love Tyler.




Jax likes to pick grass and drop it on himself.



If I remember right, they were arguing when I took this picture.












Tim, Isaac, Kati and I played a mad game of "keep away" with the football.
Tim received an injury.
Apparently I was the offender
What's that?
You can't see the damage?
Maybe it's because it was tiny...


Here. Let me zoom in for you.
Now do you see it?





We all had a grand time.
Although it would have been better if Chris and Lesley could have come...

Oh and David of course.


*That was a lot of pictures, wasn't it?

5 comments:

Hannah Jane said...

Looks like everyone had fun!!

Meredith said...

I take advantage of any reason to celebrate! Especially when there is cake involved. Kudos to your family! I love it. I'll have to bring up the same idea to my family when it comes my brothers birthday in August (he's on his mission too).

Jessi Fogg said...

It was not mildly creepy, no. It was super creepy. We went home and got taco bell after that lovely meal.

Michelle said...

Haha! I love it! I also love the pic of Ty... he's so funny and cute!

marcie said...

Oh my gosh, I nearly choked laughing at that picture of Issac and Tim. It is HILARIOUS and the most beautiful representation of what all husbands do to make their wives and their in-laws happy! The fact that they are each covering their moths, trying not to smile or laugh too much. I love how much a good man loves his wife... because sorry, but it really was creepy- awesome in so many ways (and we may have to do it over here!!), but definitely creepy!

And that picture of Daniel and Kati is SOOO funny, just because you said that they were arguing, and Daniel has the best grin on his face... which I would imagine didn't make the argument any better for Kati! Usually the person who is smiling is winning, in my experience.

Dude, I love your family. And you take really good pictures-- definitely not too many at all!