Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Little Big Boy

Tyler has gotten so big.
He's my oldest.
The big brother.
My man cub.
My big boy....
But the other night, I was up editing photo's,
and he came wandering into my room.
He wordlessly crawled onto my bed and went back to sleep.
A while later I was just about to carry him back to his own bed,
when it suddenly struck me how little he really is.
I stared at his small form for a long time.
He was  curled up in a little ball in the center of my bed,
sleeping with abandon. 
His sweet face was completely relaxed.
He looked so innocent.
So peaceful.
So small.
I never wanted to forget the way he looked.
So I took a picture.



I love moments when I can look at things clearly
and see how truly blessed I am.
I am completely overwhelmed by how much I love my boys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet!

Meredith said...

That is an amazing post. So simple, but so real. I love it!

marcie said...

No matter how big they get, they are always our babies!

One day when he's 15 you're going to look at him and say where did this giant man come from that eats all of my food, but you're still going to still that little boy in there... at least, I hope that's true for myself!