I must start out with a tale.
A tale many of you have heard before,
and some of you witnessed the events.
It all started out in Macey's Grocery store.
I was in high school and I was there getting some lunch with my friends.
While ordering our various corn dogs, chicken fingers and potato wedges,
I happened to see two familiar figures wandering the produce.
My Grandparents.
Being the loving granddaughter that I am, I made my way over to say hello.
As I got closer, it became clear to me that they weren't going to notice me.
So, I decided that it would be real funny to scare them.
So, I stealthily walked up behind them and said,
"BOO!"
(this was not a good idea)
My Grandma startled and fell over,
right into my little ol' Grandpa,
and they both stumbled onto some nearby produce (lemons I think).
I was horrified.
They quickly righted themselves and the first words out of my sweet Grandma's mouth were,
"Oh Carlye, it's so good to see you!"
No mention of the attack.
We chit chatted for a briefly and I made my way back to my friends, who were indeed wondering what I had done to the poor woman.
That was the day, Ladies and Gentlemen, that I learned it's never a good idea to scare old people.
Especially delicate old women like my Grandma.
So, when I saw Tyler sneak up with a toy spider to scare my Grandma, I jumped up to stop him.
But I was too late.
As predicted she jumped and gave a shriek (but did not fall over this time).
She detests spiders, and she thought it was real....
After she confirmed that the spider was not alive,
it turned into a game.
A fun game called "Put the spider on Grandma"
And my cute Grandpa joined in.
And I had fun watching.
Notice that they each have a walker?
Isn't that fun?
My Grandma doesn't look like she's having much fun in this picture, but I assure you she was...
Or at least I think she was.
This is my Grandpa being sneaky.
Tyler and my Grandpa sharing a good chuckle (spider down her sweater).
Anyone who knows my Grandpa, knows this is a pretty big grin on his face.



2 comments:
I'll never forget that Grocery store trip in all my days on Earth..."Carlye! you're not supposed to scare old people!!!!" Epic.
Your grandmother honestly doesn't look like she's aged at all in the last 20 years... that is exactly how I've remembered her my entire life.
And I love that they both have walkers... Mike will be getting a walker when I get one, whether he needs it or not :)
Post a Comment