Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Do you know what Swiss Days is? Have you ever been?
Well let me tell you, I have gone every single year I have been alive.
Every year.
And this year was no exception.
Swiss Days is a big two day event where vendors (mostly crafts) come from all over and set up booths in Midway's town square. It's grown immensely since I was little.
I would like you to imagine for a minute how much my dear, sweet husband, Tim, loves Swiss Days.....
Yep, you guessed it.
Not at all.
But every year for the past 7 years, he has endured the torture of crafts, crowds, and the charming parade.
It's something I look forward to every year, because it's tradition (and because they have a big wonderful breakfast cooked by sweet old men).
And now I get to share it with my kids.
And they are going to love it too.
Especially if Tim keeps buying them cool wooden toys....

The kids had a lot of fun playing at the cabin (they always do) when we weren't enjoying the festivities. This is Hazel and Tyler pretending to be pirates. Do you like their eye patches?
Chris and Lesley
Erick and Evan, my sister's twins.


We like to stay up late and play Phase Ten
Or as Tim likes to call it "Tim Wins"
Kati brought up her "friend" Tyler
My Tyler kept asking him,
"Are you Tyler?"
I don't think he believed him.
We had a little photo shoot while we were there.
Hazel is soo pretty.
This is a very good way for teenagers to lay down together.

Not only does Tim put up with crafts (and pictures) but he bought me some treasures as well. We like to go back down when the booths are starting to close on Saturday night when it's not so crowded. Then we go out to dinner.
Thanks for watching our kids mom!!
She's the best.

He's a model.
Jaxen got some quality grandma time.
The twins are fascinated with Jaxen.
Don't mind the mild nudity . . .
Watching the Swiss Days Parade.

These little fella's got a lot of attention while we were there. One guy even took a picture of them with his phone. Weird.
That's my father.
He's waiting for the parade candy.
My family... :-D

Swiss Days guns.
I was shot by many of these weapons growing up.

Jax and Hazel watching the parade.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

My mom had a booth up there for a few years back in the day. We actually just sold a bunch of the stuff we bought there at my mom's garage sale. Haven't been there for a while now.

Holly said...

you guys are wearing long pants and hoodies...I really am so jealous. Yesterday I broke down and went to walmart in a wife beater it was so hot. I've never been to the cabin...if I move down there will you invite me for a weekend?

Unknown said...

I love Swiss Days...I was going to go as well but opted for a cabin trip of my own...ours isn't near Midway though.

marcie said...

I like how Hazel's "eye" patch is almost a total upper face patch!!

And just for the record, I also remember being shot (and shooting) those guns... those swiss- they make weapons for children and take pictures of random (adorable) children... maybe that's why I never went, but I always remember you going and how it was such a big deal for you.

Belle said...

love your narrations :) the twins look soo grown up! I wish we could visit the cabin and swiss days again :(