Friday, September 11, 2009

Car Alarm Remotes are NOT Good Swimmers


The Plan:

-Stuffed Shells for lunch (don't judge us, we have dinner for lunch because Tim works nights).
-Tim goes to work
-Nap/ Quiet Time
-Take the boys swimming with my friend Shannon and her little girl
-Ward Fiesta (which means party in spanish . . haha thanks Annie) at the Bishops house (Salsa - Competition Wahoo!)
-Baths
-Have kids in bed by 8:30
-Edit photos

What really happened:
-We had the stuffed shells and they were delightful.
-Tim goes to work...
-Nap for Jax and (not so) quiet time for Tyler and I.
-I took my boys swimming. They both appreciate a good swim.
-Got in the pool with my keys in my shorts pocket. I didn't realize until they were soaked.
-The water ruined my car alarm remote.
- Left the pool and my alarm/unlock button wouldn't work and I set off my car alarm.
-My car screamed at me for 15 minutes before Shannon came out.
-We all piled into Shannon's car and she drove us home.
-Changed me and my boys into dry clothes.
-Since we had no car seat for Tyler, my sweet neighbor, Kristy, graciously watched my boys while Shannon drove me back to the swimming pool with my spare set of keys.
-Drove home and picked up my boys.
-Fed Jax
-By this time the Ward Party had been going almost an hour and a half... So we missed it. No salsa for me.
-Frozen Chicken Nuggets for dinner (barf).
-Baths
-Kids in bed by 9:30
-Blog about stupid evening.

In the midst of my disasterous evening, I am so very grateful for Shannon and Kristy who helped me tonight. And an understanding husband who didn't get mad when I ruined a rather expensive car remote. . . His words were: "Don't worry, I love you. I'm not mad about the car"
What a peach.

1 comments:

The Kelstroms said...

Ah motherhood and modern-day technology!