Friday, July 31, 2009

Pioneer Day and Filthy Children


On the 24th of July, I went to my mom's for a little BBQ and some fireworks. Tim and Isaac worked, so Jessi and I were there with just our kids. For one reason or another our children were absolutely filthy that night. They look like homeless children. Between the food, the sandbox, and the popsicles, by the end of the night they were just plain gross. I assure you, they don't normally look so grimy. They all bathe on a very regular basis. Jessi has a saying up on her bathroom wall that says, "You can tell how a child's day was by how dirty they are at the end of it. . . And today has been a VERY good day"
Jax is fascinated by Hazel.

I had a good laugh when I showed up and Evan looked like this.
But . . it wasn't long until Tyler was just as sandy.

and if our offspring weren't dirty enough, why not throw in some fudge-sicles into the mix?
Thanks for lighting the fireworks Dad!

Shannon's husband was working too, so her and Amelia came over to partake in the fun (and the mess).

Jaxen loves blankets. He sleeps so much better if he has a blanket in his hand. . . or wrapped around his head.
Kati and Ashley
There are really no words for this picture.

0 comments: