We had a good mothers day this year. Friday Tyler and I went and picked out some wooden frames and paint so he could make his grandma's picture frames. He was so excited that when my mom stopped by later that day, he eagerly ran out with the bag of frames and paints to show her. He was rather disappointed when I explained it was a surprise and made him put the bag back in my bedroom. He had so much fun painting the frames. He took the task very seriously and was very focused. The frames turned out really cute and I was impressed with how much of the frames he covered in paint. He was
very excited to give them to his grandma's.
Sunday morning I got out of the shower and Tyler ran into my room and gave me a box from The Flower Patch . . no flowers, just the box. I was quite confused until I walked into the kitchen and saw
the flowers Tim and Tyler
had picked up the day before. Apparently Tim had thrown the box away in Tyler's room and Tyler was excited to give it to me. Tim also got me a DOUBLE STROLLER!!! I am rather excited.
He knew I had
been looking on KSL for used ones and he did a lot of research and found a really nice new one on sale. He is really sweet.
After church we went to
Tim's parents house to visit his mom. Tyler was very excited
to give her his present and I think she was rather impressed with his artistic abilities (let's be honest, he's a prodigy).
Then we went to my mom's house to see my mom and grandma and eat some good food. Over all, it was a really good day.
I'm very grateful for the mom's in my life. I have a
fantastic mother-in-law who supports us in everything we do and is always there when we need her. She is a selfless mother who would give anything for her children (including a kidney) and I am grateful for the example she is for me.
My mom is my best friend. . I couldn't have asked for a more humble, compassionate, and loving mother. She is everything I want to be. She makes our home feel welcoming and secure.
My mom has always been there for me whenever I need her. Whether I was putting "love" notes on my hot boyfriend's (Tim) car in the middle of the night, or holding my hand through labor, she has always been by my side. I hope that I can be as dedicated of a mother to my children as she is to hers.
I love my boys and I am so happy I'm a mother. I wouldn't trade this job for any thing else. Even on the worst of days, there's nothing else I would rather be doing with my life. I am truly blessed.



2 comments:
I love the frames... what a cute idea, not to mention the way cute pic that you put in them. That were some nice things to say about you mother and mother-in-law. Your a good mom carlye!
Your mom is a sweetheart! I really admire how she had so many children and how family oriented your family is :)
Post a Comment