I recently posted about how sweet Tyler is with Jax and what a wonderful big brother Tyler is. . . but he has since decided that he doesn't like Jaxen. He tells me so several times during the day. He glares at him in the car and finds great pleasure in throwing his pacifiers on the ground and stepping on them. I am praying this is a phase that passes very quickly. . .
Friday, May 15, 2009
I spoke too soon
Posted by Carlye at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Good luck with that! Actually, I'm sure it will pass-it's a cute photo of Ty... :)
I hope for your sake, and Jax's, that Ty gets over this quickly! Good luck!
Hey do you do anything just with Tyler? I have always just taken Hazel grocery shopping with me every week and I try to make it special. Maybe Tyler just needs some time alone with you.
I laughed at the pacifier throwing and stomping...it's probably not so funny to you though. Poor Ty just doesn't like sharing.
Oh man! I just laughed... but I have to apologize, that's got to be rough! I'm sorry!! You're such a great mom, though! You will find a way to help the situation, even if it takes time.
This too shall pass:) Just go spend some time with him and make him feel extra special...if he will cooperate let him help take care of the baby, or atleast make it seem like he is. That might help.
Good luck!
Thanks guys. It actually seems to be improving . . most days anyways.
I liked Jessi's comment, I think that's important that he doesn't feel shoved to the side with the new baby, but also I think that once Jax is a little bit older and Ty can play with him (aka- boss him around!), they'll buddy up. It's hard when you go from being the center of the universe to having to share it, so the natural thing is to resent that which took your spotlight away, but as he grows and understands the new family dynamic he'll learn to deal and adjust accordingly. It just takes time-- he's a little boy, not a robot and so even though we treat them like they should know and do exactly like we want (and with a new baby, you don't have a lot of time to patiently wait for him to 'get it'), we, as parents, need to make sure we give them room for adapting to the new situation. Anyway, you're a great mom, so it'll get better, you just have to be patient waiting for Ty to understand his new family.
Post a Comment