Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catching up - kind of

I haven't had time to blog lately, but here's a list of things that I thought about blogging about:

  • My new weapon in sacrement meeting is this FANTASTIC quiet book my BFF Holly made us. It's awesome and Tyler loves it (thanks Holly!)
  • I saw a midget run across six lanes of traffic on 700 East. It made my freaken day.
  • A couple of days later, Tim and I saw an old man walking down the street with a big old parrot on his shoulder. I think he was a pirate.
  • Do I really need to worry about the swine flu? Or is it just the media freaking people out? Maybe people wouldn't be so scared if it had a better name, like . . the diamond flu, or something.
  • Do you ever watch the show Dragon Tales with your kids? What is with that show? Don't those kids parents ever realize that they go up into the play room and disappear? And what is with the spanish speaking dragons? Get serious people.
  • Potty Training. It's just not happening right now. I can't make Tyler go to the potty. He has to want to go. He is extremely stubborn. 
  • A conversation I had with Tyler at the store: 
 Ty:  I want fishy crackers
Me:  No, Ty you've been eating too many fishy crackers lately
Ty:   You're pretty Mommy
Me:  Okay we'll get some fishy crackers
  • I tried to teach Tyler to play Candy Land. It went pretty well and we had fun. The only problem -- He cheats!!!
  • We go through an 84 package of diapers every two weeks. That means we are going through 42 diapers a week, which is approximately 6 diapers a day. These are just Jaxen's diapers. As I already mentioned, potty training isn't happening with Ty right now. Think about how many diapers I change . . .(yes, Jessi I know you changed more than me with Hazel and the twins. HERE's a gold star). 
  • Jax is such a happy and content baby. Tyler was kind of colicky and grumpy. So the comparison is fantastic. He even sleeps pretty good. 
  • Tim just finished this semester. I am stoked. This semester he has been home for about a half hour a day. He leaves in the morning around 9AM, comes home for lunch at 2PM and has to leave for work at 2:30PM. He doesn't get home from work until Midnight. It's been rough. Next semester should be better. 
  • I'm 23 and I have 2 children. Isn't that weird? 
  • How do you floss a toddler's teeth? I have been trying but it's not very successful....
  • Tyler and Jax were both recently sick with colds (not the swine flu). I didn't leave my house for six days. It was miserable. I was going crazy. Not to mention, two sick children = zero sleep. 
  • We took Tyler to a place called Cookie Cutters to get his hair cut. It was fantastic. Not only was his hair cut good, but he got to sit on a motorcycle and watch curious george while they cut it. 
  • Yesterday morning Tyler was eating toast and said, "Mom, there's blue on my toast!" I quickly checked it out and, sure enough it had some mold on the bottom (*barf*). The worst part is-- it was his second piece of toast (*double barf*)

7 comments:

Jessi Fogg said...

Thank you for my gold star. Funny as I was reading that I was thinking that I go through more diapers than that and then I got to my gold star part and laughed. I figured I go through at least 8 diapers a day. I bought a huge box of diapers at sam's club thought it would last us a while. It didn't even last 3 weeks!

Jessi Fogg said...

Oh and what is up with the dragon in the wheelchair. He has wings why doesn't he fly if his legs don't work. And I agree some one should report those kids parents they have no idea that their children leave for hours. What kind of parenting is that?!

Michelle Stocking said...

This is a good little catch up. I loved this post. It was fun getting a glimpse into your life.

marcie said...

At least you admit when you're being manipulated... one step up from most people, haha!

Also, can I just say why is it that grown-ups have to take themselves so dang seriously all the time. Wouldn't life be better if we could all get our haircut on a motorcycle while watching Curious George (as long as my butt fit on the motorcycle... and I could pick something other than Curious George, haha!)

And I hate Dragon Tales; it is banned from our house. HATE. IT. (maybe a bit extreme, but still...)

Mandy said...

I get those little flosser sticks to floss Brendan's teeth. He thinks they're cool. He's right!

Annie said...

i wish i could get diamond flu...

Michelle said...

Carlye! That was a great post!! I wish I was a mom too so we could play more often.