Last night we couldn't get the baby to move. We tried everything, caffeine, music, a flashlight, laying down, moving around, rubbing my belly . . nada. Needless to say I was rather worried. Tim found the heart beat with his stethoscope, which made me feel much better, but after a couple hours of no movement or response, I called my doctor. He told me to go to the hospital. We packed up Ty and drove to Salt Lake Regional Hospital where my mom met us. She was going to take Ty home with her but he was still sound asleep so she stuck around (I honestly don't know what I would do without her). They hooked me up to the monitors and the baby had a strong heart beat. It took him a while to pass the stress test, but, after some time and some cold grape juice, he did. I had also started having contractions so we had to stay so they could monitor me. They were pretty strong and only about 5 minutes apart. Tim was fascinated with the machines and monitors and felt the need to tell me the details of every contraction- as if maybe I hadn't experienced it. Ha ha . . I wasn't in tons of pain so I wasn't surprised when they checked me again (they had a really hard time reaching my cervix-which hurt something awful- have any other moms ever had that problem??) and not much had changed. So we got to go home at around 3 in the morning. We were exhausted. The funny thing was that Tyler slept through the entire thing. He had no idea he'd even left his bed. So now I'm still having contractions but they are inconsistent, which is fine with me. I would rather Jax not make an appearance until AFTER I am over my cold and Tim has finished his midterms.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
that's scary, but i'm so glad it ended with everything being ok. i am thinking about you! xoxoxo
Glad things turned out to be okay! Good luck with the delivery...I can't wait to see pictures!
Yikes, I didn't realize you went to the hospital!!
Good luck with everything! Sounds like Jax is ready to make is appearance any day now!
Thanks for keeping me up all night with that. Between you, Erick being sick and Hazel falling out of the bed I got very little sleep.
I'm so glad everything is ok...and it sounds like it will soon be all over. I'm excited for you!
Oh dear! You didn't tell me you went to the hospital! I am glad everything is okay. Baby Jax just wants to keep you on your toes ;-)
Post a Comment