38 weeks pregnant +
Very sick 2-year-old +
Husband working Mandatory over time
and going to school
= One very tired Mom.

I hate it when Tyler is sick. Having sick kids is the worst. I hate looking into that sad little face and knowing there's pretty much nothing I can do (He looked so sad I had to take a couple pictures- the bottom picture he was trying to smile). And I'd be lying if I said that the continuous whining and sleepless nights weren't wearing on my nerves. We've spent the majority of the last couple of days just sitting on the couch. Which is frustrating because I have a lot to get done before I have baby #2. He just feels like crap and wants to be held but I have a large growth in my abdomen that makes carrying him around slightly difficult. BUT as much as I would love to continue complaining (between the fever, cough, the broken tub. . . ) I can be grateful for some things. Such as:
1. Children's Motrin I wouldn't survive without it
2. A good Pediatrician The doc knew he had croup right away and gave him steroid treatments so he could breath.
3. That Tim was able to come to the doctors with us. Even though he missed class. Ty threw up all over me in the waiting room, it wouldn't have been easy dealing with that alone.
4. Tissues with Lotion in them His poor little nose is very raw.
5. Tyler's silly personality As crappy as he feels he is still funny. He sat and watched Elmo with his eyes mostly shut repeating everything Elmo said. Rather humorous.
6. A landlord who loves me Is that weird? Okay he's my dad and he came over and fixed my tub at 9:30 PM when it broke and wouldn't turn off.
7. There is one benefit of having a sick child--it makes them very cuddly.




7 comments:
Oh my goodness Carlye...I think Ziff and Tyler have the same thing. I too, have been up pretty much all night the last 2 nights, and my house is a disaster. I have tons of laundry (thanks to all the throw-up episodes). :(
Thank you for reminding me there's always something to be grateful for...you are the best! :)
Holy Cow. You deserve the mom of the year award since you're being this optimistic and he threw up on you IN PUBLIC. I'm sorry that it's been so rough. Tyler is so sweet, and I know that you're doing the best you can, but it must be very difficult. Just remember that he will eventually get better.
And I was laughing so hard when you said he was mimicking Elmo... that is just so sweet!!
You are a great example to us all friend! :-) I'm sure I would have had some sort of nervous breakdown by that point. Eventually I will have little vomitters of my own then we can call and vent to each other.
Poor little Tyler. He looks so sad. Let me know if you need anything.
He looks so sad. Having kids means you will be thrown up on in public at some point. Better than you throwing up on yourself in public (or in a bush at swiss days :( ) Glad he is better.
ughhh that sucks! im sorry! i love you!
That's not funny.
Post a Comment