
When we were in California in May, I had a very frightening elevator experience. As I have gotten older, for some reason unknown to me, I have become slightly claustrophobic. This small fact plays a big part in this story.
We were leaving our hotel for some adventure (Disneyland or the zoo I think) and I realized I had left my cell phone in the hotel room. So, while Tim was buckling Tyler into his car seat. I returned to get it. Because we were parked near the lobby, I went up the lobby elevator (not the elevator we normally used).
I pressed the button for our floor and it went up just like normal. When it stopped at my floor and it came time for the door to open - - it didn’t open. I could hear it trying to open, but the doors in front of me stayed shut. My heart started pounding as I banged on the door open button. To my dismay, they stayed closed tight.
I was in a complete panic. My hands were sweaty, I was shaking, and it seemed as if the oxygen was being sucked out of the small square space. I was pounding on the door open button. I could hear the door moving but it stayed shut. I tried to pry the door open. . no such luck.
I had finally resorted to pressing the alarm button when a movement caught my attention. I whipped around only to see another set of elevator doors opening and shutting behind me. It was one of those elevators with doors on either side. I don’t know whether I felt more embarrassed or relieved. Thank goodness nobody saw me . . but then again it could have really made someone's day.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Elevator
Posted by Carlye at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh my gosh, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! I'm glad you weren't really trapped in a stuck elevator, but I guess thinking you're trapped is pretty much the same as being trapped, huh?
I felt really bad for you until you hit the punch line... and then I had to laugh, just a bit :)
But seriously, I totally agree with Amberly that with the way our minds work, if we believe something is one way, it doesn't matter how untrue it is; our reality tells us it is the way we believe it is.
And I'll scream it from the mountain tops with a resounding YES! I HATE MOVING!! (ever since that first time to California all those years ago, haha!)
Ha Ha! Oh my goodness...this made me laugh. Just what I needed.
I"m glad you found it amusing. That was exactly my intention. I do not share humiliating moments on my blog for any other reason.
This just made my day. haha! I miss witnessing these stupid moments in our lives. :-)
I'm glad you enjoyed the park post. lol The park is in Kaysville. It's a magical place. Good ol' paintballing. That was a good time. I had fun today just haning out. It's a lot easier not having a job. :-)
Post a Comment