Sunday, July 28, 2013

Becoming a Missionary

The night Daniel was to be set apart as a missionary, we had a barbecue.












Does he look stressed? I think he was stressed.
After we ate, we went out front for a couple of fireworks, and a few of Daniels friends showed up to see him set apart and say goodbye.  




This kid... seriously. 
Daniels friend, Vicky, made this skirt out of missionary ties! I believe Daniel's was the green one.



Madee loves her papa.



We all got changed in our Sunday best, and the Stake President showed up and gave Daniel a special blessing and set him apart as a missionary.

The three "little kids".

Daniel and ten of his closest friends.
Before Daniel's friend's left, David demonstrated how to do the "missionary high five".

And then we had cake.

1 comments:

Belle said...

Thanks for all the photos! So happy for Daniel! My kids mix up the family member names too-I always laugh when Glenn used to call Samuel Grandma Peterson (meaning grandma Bradshaw)