A few days before school ended, Tyler's first grade class had a program.
His first grade teacher was so so great. She ordered all the kids these cute shirts.
Tyler was really lucky to get into her class.
He really loved first grade.
They sang a few songs with actions and showed off some of their mad skills.
Tyler got to be a spider in one of the songs.. .if you can tell he wasn't sure how he felt about it.
Ok... do you know what a the tootie ta dance is?
Well it's this ridiculous song/dance combo that includes bending over with your knees together, feet apart, and butt out (among other things) and dancing around. Well the kids all got to go out into the audience and pick someone to do this really dignified dance with them. Tragically, Tim had taken a screaming Madee outside and so Tyler came excitedly up to me expecting me in my 39 week pregnant glory to go up and dance with him. Guys... I couldn't do it. I had reached that point where I felt like a spectacle as it was. I was so big. ... but I feel awful. I think if I could go back and do it all over again, I still wouldn't go up there and shake my humongous self in front of an audience....
So I convinced Ty to take Jax up. Which Jax was thrilled about.
Just in case you don't know what the dance is... here's a little snipet.
(Sorry David, I know posting sideways videos is lame, but I couldn't figure out how to rotate it!)
I'm so glad I was able to make it to both boys programs before I had Boston!
They were so cute.
Tyler's last day of school was right after I had Boston, so Tim took him.
I'm glad he was able to make it.
He's had a really great school year.
He's grown and learned so much!
I'm glad he was able to make it.
He's had a really great school year.
He's grown and learned so much!












1 comments:
Oh my goodness she did that exact program and yes, the dreadful dance when I was doing practicums in her class!!! That's so funny! I totally had to do it, multiple times ahhhhhh. That would be awful pregnant, don't feel bad. Lol
Post a Comment