My youngest brother, Daniel, got his mission call last week...
It seems unreal. He just turned eighteen in April.
He won't graduate from high school until June.
But when the church changed the age requirements for missionaries, Daniel got right on it and got his mission papers turned in.
A thousand of Daniel's friends crammed into my parents house to hear him open his call.
He is going to Roseville California!
He leaves July 24th.
We are so excited for him, and I know he will be a great missionary!
The only person to guess California was Jaxen, so he won a prize (chocolate).
We waited for Kati to get home from work so it was pretty late by the time we finished.
The best part of the evening (besides hearing where Daniel will be serving of course):
While we were waiting for Kati, I overheard a conversation between Daniel and one of the many teenage girls that came over.
It went like this:
Girl: Have you turned in your papers yet?
Daniel (confused): Um.. yeah? I got my call.
Girl: Oh you did!? Where are you going?
Daniel (still very confused): I don't know yet.... I'm opening it tonight... that's why everyone is here.
Girl (looking fantastically embarrassed): Oh right.... ha ha
Awesome.
.jpg)





3 comments:
Yay! How exciting! That mission is next door to the one in which I grew up.
It's not possible. Daniel can't be 18 yet. I still remember him as a 3-4 year old. So crazy. That's really cool though. Looks like he might be in some really pretty areas.
Daniel will be a great missionary! So excited for him!!!
Post a Comment