We went up to the cabin several times over the summer.
We spent plenty of time being lazy, but we also went out and had some fun.

We spent plenty of time being lazy, but we also went out and had some fun.

Tim taught the boys to fish...
There's a little fishing lake just down the street from the cabin.
Ty and Jax were huge fans of fishing and asked to do it every day we were there.
They caught loads of fish!
Ty and Jax were huge fans of fishing and asked to do it every day we were there.
They caught loads of fish!
Ew.
Fish face.
The whole fishing thing kind of grosses me out, but I had never caught one before,
so I gave it a whirl.
I'm still grossed out. Fish stink.
so I gave it a whirl.
I'm still grossed out. Fish stink.
As usual, we always eat a lot of good grub at the cabin and around Midway and Heber.
There were a surprising amount of squirrels this year.
We found out Madee loves squirrels.
We found out Madee loves squirrels.
We went on lots of walks.
On the left: Jax at the cabin at three months.
On the right: Jax at the cabin at 3 years...
On the right: Jax at the cabin at 3 years...
We made pictures with leaves.
We did even more fishing...
Madelinn didn't love being trapped in the stroller while we fished, but there were too many ducks (not to mention the open body of water) to let her loose.
By the end of the summer, they were pro's.
At the end of August wen went back up to the cabin with my whole family
for Swiss Days. I love that it's become a tradition my kids love as much as I do.
(Tim feels otherwise...)
for Swiss Days. I love that it's become a tradition my kids love as much as I do.
(Tim feels otherwise...)
After a delicious Swiss Days breakfast (prepared with love by the Midway Elder's Quorum)
we all settled in to watch the parade.
It was a bit rainy...
we all settled in to watch the parade.
It was a bit rainy...
There was quite a variety of parade entertainment, including these adorable singing old men.
My parents are in love.
Oh and please notice Daniels friend next to my Dad.
Yes, I know what you're thinking....
That IS a Jedi braid erupting out of the back of his head.
Oh and please notice Daniels friend next to my Dad.
Yes, I know what you're thinking....
That IS a Jedi braid erupting out of the back of his head.
After the parade we joined the Fogg's at the legendary Timp Freeze for a quick lunch.
Then our husband stayed with our offspring at the cabin, while Jessi and I did some more shopping.
Then our husband stayed with our offspring at the cabin, while Jessi and I did some more shopping.
It started pouring while we were out, which was cold and wet (of course),
but it helped keep the crowds down, and we were able to get this fabulous picture.
but it helped keep the crowds down, and we were able to get this fabulous picture.
Tim also taught the Fogg children how to fish while we were there.
Fish face.
Photo bomber
I love her face more than just about anything.























































1 comments:
Looks so fun! The cabin is beautiful. I didn't know your fam had a cabin in Midway/Heber. Jealous!
Post a Comment