Sunday, September 16, 2012

Madee's Birthday Barbecue

Photobucket
To celebrate Madee's birthday we had a big ol' barbecue.

Photobucket
For my boys I made slideshows of pictures of their first year to play at their parties,
but because Madee's party was outdoors, I made a banner of pictures instead.
I love the way it turned out.
Photobucket

Photobucket
We had lots of yummy food.
(including Kati's famous chocolate balls!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These pictures of Madee happy and smiling are mildly misleading.
She had an ear infection and was allergic to the antibiotics she was on.
My poor little birthday girl was miserable and covered in a rash.
Photobucket
She actually looked like this throughout most of her birthday party... especially if I wasn't holding her.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tyler has recently discovered Root Beer (or root beard as he calls it).
He thinks it's the best beverage ever invented.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was a bit windy and rained off and on.
The unpredictable weather kept things interesting.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madee and her BFF, Avynlee.
Photobucket
Ty thinks his cousin, Cody, is the bees knees.
Photobucket
I love it when the stars aline and everyone in a picture looks amusingly awkward.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A spray bottle of water can keep Jaxen entertained for hours.
Seriously.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madee got so many cute presents.
Thanks everyone!
Photobucket
My friend Jen made a beautiful cake for Madee. 
Photobucket
You can check out her cake blog here.
She is amazingly talented!
Photobucket
She also made tons of really cute (and delicious) cupcakes.
The pictures don't do them justice. Each one was beautiful.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I was worried that Madee wouldn't be interested in eating cake since she wasn't feeling 100%,
But she was all over it.
Photobucket
It started pouring so we had to move our cake eating activities indoors.
Photobucket
Madee slimed a few people during the event.
Photobucket
Cake - stupor....

I think it's safe to say she enjoyed the cake.
Maybe more than she enjoyed the party....

But other than the rain and Madee feeling less than fabulous it was a fun party!

4 comments:

Keely said...

Her birthday decorations and cake were so darling.....but I love, love, LOVE the birthday banner with her pictures on it. Totally adorable.

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job. Everything turned out great. I especially love the banner. And even sick, Madee wasn't super grouchy and was adorable.

Carlye said...

Thank you so much!

Manda said...

Umm... that banner idea... ADORB! Love it! Can't believe she is 1 already!