Wednesday, August 29, 2012
For a Small Guy, He's Kind of a Big Deal
Jaxen: What's for dinner?
Me: Lasagna
Jaxen: What does La Zomie look like?
Me: Jaxen, who is your favorite aunt?
Jaxen (after a while of consideration): The black ones
(to clarify, he is not referring to race, he is referring the bug)
We were leaving a restaurant and Jaxen was a few paces behind. He came bursing through the doors behind us and said, "Wait! One more kid!"
One day after a playdate with his friend Edie, Jaxen said, "Edie's my girlfriend. I get mad at her again, and again and again...."
At dinner one night, we were talking about how milk comes from cows. Jaxen matter-of-factly stated,
"When cows grow up, milk comes out of their long bums".
We were pulling out of a parking lot and Jaxen pointed excitedly out the window and said,
"Look that guy looks like Lesley's brother!"
Lesley does indeed have a brother, but we have never met him. So I said, confused, "Who??"
Jaxen answered, "You know, Lesleys brother? Chris!!"
One day during lunch I was talking about scars with the boys. I showed them the scar on my chin and explained that I had fallen off the monkey bars and cut my chin and had to get stitches.
Jaxen thought about that briefly and then asked,
"You got that scar from monkey's throwing sticks at you?"
I asked Jaxen if we were best friends. He put his chubby little arm around my neck and said,
"Nope, but you're still my favorite girl"
Posted by Carlye at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That little guy is hilarious!
Post a Comment