We spent Christmas Eve the way we normally do.
At my parents house eating crab and pizza.
Yes. Crab and Pizza.
Not together, mind you.
Well Chris eats it together but he's the only one.
My Grandpa was able to join us for Christmas Eve (and Christmas Day). He's been in a care center for the last month, so Tim and my brothers went and helped him escape.
Lesley's mom, Sandy, has joined us the last few years for Christmas. She is so sweet.
I love the look on my Grandma's face. If I had to guess, I'd say she's looking at Kati's pants. They had holes in them and my cute Grandma couldn't handle it. She kept saying, "I really hope you didn't pay money for those pants....".
Kati must have been up to mischief because I had all kinds of weird pictures of her.
See the hole filled pants?
Oh boy....
We give our kids pajamas every Christmas Eve. I reminded Tyler a few days before that he would be able to open a present on Christmas Eve and he said, "I hope it's not pajamas...."
It was. But I don't think he was too disappointed. He's currently obsessed with Star Wars.
The kids in their cute pajamas (except for Madee, she was asleep already).
My kids slept in until 8AM on Christmas morning, which was lovely. Tyler and Madee woke up first. Tyler was dying with excitement waiting for Jaxen to wake up. We finally let him go and wake him up.
We made them suffer through a couple of pictures.
Santa came....
The kids were all very happy with their new toys.
Even Madelinn.
Madee's brothers were more than willing to help her open her presents.
We got the boys light sabers and Darth Vader masks.
They. were. stoked.
They. were. stoked.
Ha ha...
I love this picture. Jaxen is opening the truck that Tyler picked out for him.
I think he liked it.
Tim surprised Madee (and me) with a little present he picked out himself.
Tyler was thrilled that Santa ate his cookies and responded to his letter.
We had a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls and sausage. I realize that this is not an ideal combination, but it's my kids two favorite breakfast foods.
After we finished opening all of our presents we went to church (our kids were less than reverent) and then made our way to Tim's parents house for turkey dinner and more presents.
I had to take a picture of Tim's Dad doing dishes, otherwise nobody would have believed me.
I feel really blessed to live so close to both of our parents houses, so that we are able to spend holidays with both families (Tim doesn't always feel the same way...)
I was distracted when the boys were opening their presents so I didn't get any pictures, but they were spoiled as usual (Jessi made my boys these cute hats).
Madee was exhausted by the end of the day, but I think she really enjoyed her first Christmas.
I love watching my kids experience Christmas.
I love watching my kids experience Christmas.











































1 comments:
Love all the pics! The darth vader masks are so funny. It's something I haven't experienced with girls, obviously. And Madee is getting so big! She is sooo adorable. I love her chubby little baby hands. So cute. We need to hang out so I don't just see you on the computer!
Post a Comment