Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That Husband of Mine is pretty Amazing.

It wasn't until after we picked out the colors kitchen cupboards and flooring that we realized how terrible our kitchen table was going to look in there. We looked into getting a new table, but decided against it. Our kids haven't exactly been easy on our table, and we didn't want to put out the money to replace it, while our kids were still little. So we decided to upgrade the look of our current table. Following some of the advice we found here and here, we repainted it (by we, I mean Tim). 


Photobucket
I didn't think to take a "before " picture until after Tim had started, so these were just some extra chairs we borrowed from my parents while ours were being painted. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think it turned out better than we both hoped. We originally planned on painting the top red, but it just didn't look right, and Tim found this green color that we were both really happy with. 

Since the table was such a success we decided to try painting Madelinn's dresser. This was my dresser when I was little, and it's since been used by several other people. It still functions just fine, it's just a little bit run down and let's be honest.. unattractive. Poor little dresser. 
Photobucket
Once again, I didn't take a before picture until after we had started. 
Photobucket
I looked into buying replacement knobs, but I didn't want to spend any unnecessary money, and I thought the current knobs were kind of cool. We weren't sure how well it would work to paint them, but we decided to give it a whirl.
Photobucket
Once again, I think it turned out better than we expected. Tim did a really good job.
Photobucket

Now I'm wondering what else I can get the husband to paint....

6 comments:

Nicole S. said...

They both look great! Did you just spray paint them? I love how much light the table adds to the kitchen too.

Michelle said...

I love them both... good work ma'am!!

Erik and Michelle said...

They look great! And great minds think alike. Erik just sanded and painted Deniques bed, dresser and side table so we can redo her room.
I love the knobs with the dresser!!

Anonymous said...

I love the dresser and your table. I was envying your table the whole time we were there. Hopefully we get around to painting our table too.

Belle said...

love painting things-don't you love it when you actually own something and can do anything you want with it :) and when it turns out so lovely thats even better he he

Michelle Stocking said...

We did this same thing with Andrew's old crummy dresser and bookshelf. I love spray paint!