Saturday, June 4, 2011

five and a half years ago.

Tim and I recently spoke in sacrament meeting. When we were first asked to speak, I looked up the last talk I'd written. I didn't realize it had been so long. The last time I spoke in a sacrament meeting was shortly after we moved into our previous ward. I introduced our family at the beginning of the talk, and reading it now, I can't believe how much our lives changed in the time that we lived there. 
Here's what I had to say about our family five and a half years ago:

I thought I’d start out by introducing ourselves. We’re the Morgan’s. I’m Carlye and that’s my husband Tim. We met my sophomore, Tim’s junior year of high school when my older sister dated his brother. They thought it would be amusing to bring us along with them on one of their dates to Temple Square. We hit it off and were soon inseparable, while their relationship ended three weeks later. Our parents were concerned about us dating so steadily. In an effort to reduce my mom’s concern my dad would frequently tell her to give our relationship a couple more weeks and that it was just a high school fling. I believe he finally gave up telling her that, when we were married in the Salt Lake Temple last June. Two months after we were married I became a very emotional, grumpy, and nauseated wife. We soon found out the cause of this was that I was pregnant. We are expecting a baby boy in June, and we are very excited. We moved into this ward in January and have enjoyed it so far. I would still consider us typical newlyweds. For example, Tim has not yet slept an entire night on the couch, and, as our neighbors can probably attest, we are still using the smoke detector as a kitchen timer. We are both students at the Salt Lake Community college. Tim just got a new job as a manufacturing technician at Cephalon Pharmaceuticals and I am a receptionist at Re/Max Associates Real Estate. And now we’re just anticipating the arrival of our baby boy... 


Life was splendid and simple back then.


Our lives are more hectic now,
but so much sweeter.




P.S. Chris and Lesley came and sat with our boys while we spoke (thanks guys!), and Chris magically put Jax to sleep.... right in the middle of the aisle. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy how much can happen in not so much time. We haven't had to speak in church yet. I'm pretty happy about that.

Craig and Monica said...

I still remember how you used to use the smoke alarm as a kitchen timer. Ahh...the good ol' days on Lincoln Street.

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

Ahhahaha. this is great. I have yet to speak in church, as well. My husband, on the other hand, ends up speaking two or three times a year.